Wooden Cigar Box

Old March 31st 04, 03:27 PM
vincent p. norris

I have a wooden cigar box and am wondering if anyone can tell me
anything about it.

Almost every industry has an association, and they usually keep
historical records and even have a museum. I'll bet there's an outfit
with a name something like 'Tobacco Institute." Google around till
you find it; folks there can probably answer your question.

vince norris
Old April 1st 04, 01:17 AM
Gene Seibel

Default Wooden Cigar Box

I have a wooden cigar box and am wondering if anyone can tell me
anything about it. The front says "Wilbur Wrights" across a picture of
a cloud, the Wright Flyer and the Spirit fo St Louis. It's marked on
the bottom with "Factory No. 495 - 1st Dist., Ohio - 50" Also says
"Claro." On the front it says, "Pilot," and there is a notice about
the cigars being, "manufactured to retail for more than eight and not
more than fifteen cents." I have pictures at
http://pad39a.com/box.html .
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
Old April 1st 04, 05:13 PM
Gene Seibel

Thanks. I am exploring several avenues, but thought that maybe some
old pilots here may be familiar with this one with its aviation theme.

Old April 1st 04, 06:00 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
(Gene Seibel) wrote:

Thanks. I am exploring several avenues, but thought that maybe some
old pilots here may be familiar with this one with its aviation theme.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 -
http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
Because I fly, I envy no one.

vincent p. norris wrote in message
. ..
I have a wooden cigar box and am wondering if anyone can tell me
anything about it.

Almost every industry has an association, and they usually keep
historical records and even have a museum. I'll bet there's an outfit
with a name something like 'Tobacco Institute." Google around till
you find it; folks there can probably answer your question.

vince norris

Try a Google search on "Cigar Box Collectibles" or something similar.
Some of those old, rare cigar boxes can go for real money.
Old April 3rd 04, 05:57 AM
Gene Seibel

E-mailed the Nationa Cigar Museum and got some good info.
http://www.cigarnexus.com/nationalcigarmuseum/
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html
Because I fly, I envy no one.

Orval Fairbairn wrote in message .. .
In article ,
(Gene Seibel) wrote:

[...]

A Cigar Box of Tea Bags Bob McKellar Military Aviation 5 January 14th 04 01:59 PM
Wooden Propellers Dick Petersen Home Built 5 November 13th 03 12:41 AM
Wooden Prop minot piper e Home Built 1 October 26th 03 11:39 PM
Wooden Prop Ian Donaldson Aviation Marketplace 0 October 13th 03 11:30 AM