Peravia Barograph Question

Old September 12th 05, 08:30 PM
Roy Bourgeois

Default Peravia Barograph Question

Friends:

We recently received a donation of an excellent condition Peravia barograph
(with case and extra paper). I promised the donor a letter stating the
value of the donation. There was a time when these were very valuable -
but I do not know if they still hold that value in these days of GPS and
secure data recorders.

I would appreciate opinions of value or recent sale information from
experienced people on the list. I personally own a different Peravia but
rarely use it now.

Thanks

Roy Bourgeois
President, Greater Boston Soaring Club

Old September 15th 05, 07:21 AM
MaD

Roy Bourgeois schrieb:

Friends:

We recently received a donation of an excellent condition Peravia barograph
(with case and extra paper). I promised the donor a letter stating the
value of the donation. There was a time when these were very valuable -
but I do not know if they still hold that value in these days of GPS and
secure data recorders.

I would appreciate opinions of value or recent sale information from
experienced people on the list. I personally own a different Peravia but
rarely use it now.

Thanks

Roy Bourgeois
President, Greater Boston Soaring Club

Hi Roy

If you do find someone who has actually paid something to get a Peravia
or has succeeded in selling one please post here. Our club still has
half a dozen lying around but nobody uses them anymore.

Regards
Marcel

Old September 15th 05, 04:25 PM
01-- Zero One

I would suggest asking the donor to tell you what he thinks it is worth.
That sounds like the correct price to me.

Larry

:

Old September 16th 05, 01:03 AM
Nyal Williams

Not for tax purposes! That is illegal; it must be
evaluated by a disinterested party. Consider having
him tell you that it is a museum piece worth $10K and
giving him a letter acknowledging a $10K gift for tax
purposes.

Old September 16th 05, 03:20 AM
01-- Zero One

Actually it is not illegal. No evaluation by a disinterested party is
required.

First of all, he is not going to put down $10K as the value. Second the
club member is not going to give him a paper with that number on it.

Actually, usually organizations which receive gifts simply give a letter
of receipt for the item without claiming any particular value. It is up
to the person claiming the gift deduction to claim a value for it. Then
the IRS (in the USA) will either accept that or reject it. And, by the
way, the courts have ruled that citizens have the right to seek to
minimize any taxes due, legally of course.

"Nyal Williams" wrote in
message :

Old September 19th 05, 07:26 PM
Roy Bourgeois

Thanks Guys - but the funny thing is that I AM a lawyer, so I'm not
looking for legal advice! I'm merely looking for someone who has recently
sold or bought a Peravia barograph - that's all.

Thanks

Roy Bourgeois
President Greater Boston Soaring Club, Inc.

I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Douglas Olson Owning 1 May 22nd 05 05:15 AM
182RG question Paul Anton Owning 11 May 16th 05 09:45 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM