Wanted: budget audio vario

Old December 18th 05, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: budget audio vario

It looks as if my CAV50 is on its way out, so I'd like to replace it.
Since the glider is, alas, not worth much now, I am therefore in the
market for something economical at 80mm. Has anyone out there got
something suitable going spare?

Ian

Old December 19th 05, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ian:
Look for a used Borgelt B-40. It's being replaced by the B-400 and no
longer made, but a very good instrument with 9v battery backup.
There are others, but more expensive. You could find a used Cambridge
L- or S- NAV and have much more instrument for the same price.
Jim

Old December 20th 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:52:21 UTC, "JS"
wrote:

: Look for a used Borgelt B-40. It's being replaced by the B-400 and no
: longer made, but a very good instrument with 9v battery backup.
: There are others, but more expensive. You could find a used Cambridge
: L- or S- NAV and have much more instrument for the same price.

Thanks for the tips. I suspect, though, that anything ending -nav will
be out of my budget, which is about a hundred quid (one and a half
hundred dollars...)!

Ian

Old December 20th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

also of interest (perhaps not from a budget point of view) is the new
digital voice vario by Triadis - see
http://www.triadis.ch/index.php?produkte

I have their voice system (TR-DVS) for Flarm and it works really well.

Sven Olivier
EY

Old December 20th 05, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:07:25 UTC, "Sven Olivier"
wrote:

: also of interest (perhaps not from a budget point of view) is the new
: digital voice vario by Triadis - see
: http://www.triadis.ch/index.php?produkte
:
: I have their voice system (TR-DVS) for Flarm and it works really well.

Coo. If someone buys that, and sells their existing vario to someone
who sells their existing vario to someone who sells their existing
vario to someone who sells their existing vario to someone, I might be
able to buy their (someone number 5's) existing vario!

Ian "Pauper" J

Old December 20th 05, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have an LD 100 and a separate audio (Cambridge I think) unit that
connects to it. You would need room for both instruments in your panel.
Will sell for $100. plus shipping.
It is a very quick vario and works well.

Mike

Old December 20th 05, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

FYI: LD100 was Peter Masak variometer....Not Cambridge
tim

Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

ups.com...

Old December 20th 05, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

FYI

I said the audio unit was a Cambridge.- as in a" separate audio unit".

Old December 22nd 05, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ian,

My club here in the States just recently purchased a used Borgelt B40
from a seller on the 1-26 website/forum for about $250, half the cost
of new? Have two installed in other gliders and have been very happy so
far.

Craig K
Colorado Springs, CO