Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 27th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_5_]

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

It's good that you found a problem that may get your engine running
again
but aren't you missing something? If your engine truly is "new", then
all
that injector clogging happened in just a brief ten hours. There must
be an
underlying systems problem that caused the clogging. Have you found
that
problem? If not it will just re-occur in the next ten hoursof running
time.

This is a valid point, don't you think? Is there something in the tanks, or
somewhere in the fuel system causing the injectors to be clogged so quickly?
Was there some problem previously existing in the engine?

Fixing a problem is good.

Fixing the cause of a problem is even better. g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 27th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Can you provide a link URL? I searched on the MCAS Cherry Point Website
with no luck (since I don't know what SOES is...searching with that
turned up a Sony Online Entertainment tribute). Searching with your
name only turned up 3 hits...all in 2003-2004.

Scott

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Tell you what, if you ever grow balls large enough, go check the records of
SOES, circa 1979 through 1981, at MCAS Cherry Point. In fact, check out the
records of a medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom who had just given
birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she had just given
birth. Then check out the comments of the (at the time, double-digit midget)
Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took them from Cherry Point to
the main hospital at Lejeune.

Go ahead, putz. I dare ya. But don't worry, I don't hold my breath for all
bark, no bite keyboard cowards like you.

Old December 27th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

A friend who specializes in warbird restoration, has the equipment and did
it as a favor. You don't really think I will post that information here,
do ya?

God forbid you ever post any information that actually is helpful to
someone.

Old December 27th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

Get it on video and share......if the li'l twerp shows.
Not everyone is like you, Dan -- big mouth, wide stripe down your back.
My flight is already booked.

That's not what I meant and you know it. Is it true the only successful
service you ever provided in the Marines was as dummy load for ground
radar?

Is that how you wound up on the disabled list? Damn, that explains a lot of
things!

Tell you what, if you ever grow balls large enough, go check the records of
SOES, circa 1979 through 1981, at MCAS Cherry Point. In fact, check out the
records of a medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom who had just given
birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she had just given
birth. Then check out the comments of the (at the time, double-digit midget)
Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took them from Cherry Point to
the main hospital at Lejeune.

Go ahead, putz. I dare ya. But don't worry, I don't hold my breath for all
bark, no bite keyboard cowards like you.

Now you are claiming to be a Viet Nam vet? When and what unit? As
for the rest of it I was in 55th ARRS and we did medevacs such as you
claim you did. Nothing to brag about, it was our job. Try harder.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 27th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

Juan,

Who do you use to inspect your injectors? I live in Idaho and hopefully
the company is located nearby.

A friend who specializes in warbird restoration, has the equipment and did
it as a favor. You don't really think I will post that information here,
do ya?

Juan,

OK,,, was it Bob Hannah Aviation in Caldwell, ID; Warbird Restoration &
Maintenance in Jerome, ID; or, John Paul's (no relation) Warhawk Museum,,,
here in Nampa, ID?

If you don't want to post the ansewer here, you may email me at

Thank you,

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old December 27th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

This is a valid point, don't you think? Is there something in the tanks,
or somewhere in the fuel system causing the injectors to be clogged so
quickly? Was there some problem previously existing in the engine?

Fixing a problem is good.

Fixing the cause of a problem is even better. g

The cause of the problem was essentially that no cleaning had ever been done
to the engine's injector plate, or to the fuel distribution components. The
engine has not been run for more than an hour or so since I bought it, and
something's bound to get in there. It gets cleaned and we move on.

The reason it is not a "valid point" is that the thought the engine clogs
after 10 hours is absurd.

Old December 27th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

A friend who specializes in warbird restoration, has the equipment and
did it as a favor. You don't really think I will post that information
here, do ya?

God forbid you ever post any information that actually is helpful to
someone.

Your god has forsaken you. Search in groups.google.com and educate yourself.

Old December 27th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

[...]

LMAO! That's funny! Read, meathead. You're so intent on making a fool of
yourself, you can't even comprehend simple English.

As you say, try harder, putz.