Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 22nd 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

("Dan" wrote)
http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/
GREAT Cri-Cri site. Check out the (new) NZ video.

What is it about the design that makes it so unsafe? It looks a bit
short coupled, but that's the only thing that jumps out at me.

Dan is asking this of the BD-5J
http://home.regent.edu/ruthven/bd-5.html

....not the Cri-Cri :-)

Montblack

Old December 22nd 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Deaf2u wrote:
I think to qualify for a Guinnes record you have to actually apply. In any
case I'd likely give it to the Cri-Cri on the basis of non-flight, but here
is a yet smaller craft. Perhaps it is too small to qualify as an aircraft,
I'd give him any record he wants, this guy truly is the real thing.

http://www.jet-man.com/actuel_eng.html

I saw that on the news. It has to be one of the coolest things I've
ever seen.

Tony
Old December 22nd 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

If the plane never leaves the ground it isn't an airplane as far as I'm
concerned. Think how easy it would be to just put together some cardboard
and a light jet engine and call it the lightest jet airplane.

Couldn't someone toss a couple of those model plane jet engines on an
ultralight and take the record for smallest jet? It would take some
research to select the right plane but I'd go with one of Chuck's planes...

Tony
Old December 22nd 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

"Anthony W" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

If the plane never leaves the ground it isn't an airplane as far as I'm
concerned. Think how easy it would be to just put together some cardboard
and a light jet engine and call it the lightest jet airplane.

Couldn't someone toss a couple of those model plane jet engines on an
ultralight and take the record for smallest jet? It would take some
research to select the right plane but I'd go with one of Chuck's
planes...

Tony

Add a couple model plane jet engines to an ultralight and you would have
developed a jet airplane with the slowest max speed. You can file your new
world record with "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com

Old December 22nd 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Montblack" said:
The Cri-Cri weighs half as much.

It does? That page you linked for the jet Cri-Cri says it weighs 170kg.
The Guiness certificate for Wan's BD5J says it weighs 162kg.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"Why are we hiding from the police, mommy?"
Old December 22nd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Wayne Paul says...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

If the plane never leaves the ground it isn't an airplane as far as I'm
concerned. Think how easy it would be to just put together some cardboard
and a light jet engine and call it the lightest jet airplane.

Couldn't someone toss a couple of those model plane jet engines on an
ultralight and take the record for smallest jet? It would take some
research to select the right plane but I'd go with one of Chuck's
planes...

Tony

Add a couple model plane jet engines to an ultralight and you would have
developed a jet airplane with the slowest max speed. You can file your new
world record with "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Actually it's been done twice.Once on a Mitchell wing that flew I think at SnF
about 10 years ago and a couple years ago with a twin jet on a Pteredactyl flown
by Jack Mc Cornack. I saw them both. They were slow alright :-0

Chuck S

Old December 22nd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, "Montblack" said:
The Cri-Cri weighs half as much.

It does? That page you linked for the jet Cri-Cri says it weighs 170kg.
The Guiness certificate for Wan's BD5J says it weighs 162kg.

But the Cri Cri flies and it would take at least another 10 Kg of stuff
to get the juanatross off the ground. That would probably include a
better jet engine and a fly-by-wire system to overcome the instability.

Tony
Old December 22nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Add a couple model plane jet engines to an ultralight and you would have
developed a jet airplane with the slowest max speed. You can file your new
world record with "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Actually it's been done twice.Once on a Mitchell wing that flew I think at SnF
about 10 years ago and a couple years ago with a twin jet on a Pteredactyl flown
by Jack McCornack. I saw them both. They were slow alright :-0

Chuck S

The Mitchell Wing was my first thought but the name escaped me at the
moment. Weren't those pulse jets on the Wing rather than mini-turbines?
In my not so humble opinion a Mitchell U2 with mini-turbine engines
would be the coolest ultralight ever. If I weren't built like a
linebacker, I'd already be into ultralights...

The record is for the smallest jet, it didn't say anything about how
fast it was or if it even got off the ground (as we know juanatross
never did.)

Tony

Old December 23rd 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

If the plane never leaves the ground it isn't an airplane as far as I'm
concerned. Think how easy it would be to just put together some

cardboard
and a light jet engine and call it the lightest jet airplane.

Couldn't someone toss a couple of those model plane jet engines on an
ultralight and take the record for smallest jet? It would take some
research to select the right plane but I'd go with one of Chuck's
planes...

Tony

Add a couple model plane jet engines to an ultralight and you would have
developed a jet airplane with the slowest max speed. You can file your

new
world record with "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com

It's been done as a single engine jet, and was reported in Experimenter
(since changed to Sport Pilot) a couple of years ago. I not longer have,
nor recall, the issue.

Peter

Old December 23rd 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Deaf2u" wrote in message
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly.
What's the story here Juan?

The plan has been to sell it for some time now. It flies first or it gets
sold first.

Now, what's the story behind anonymous posts? You afraid of someone?
Something? Boogeyman?