Learning flying vs. driving

Old January 17th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Learning flying vs. driving

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

On Jan 17, 11:42 am, wrote:
On Jan 17, 11:35 am, "Al G" wrote:

It is also kind of fun to see the theory you learned on the
ground,
demonstrated for you in real life. Shortly after I started to fly,
I watched an aircraft in front of me skim through the upper part of
a cloud, and saw a beautiful demonstration of wake vortices.
That "fun" in seeing how the theory really works is, I
think, the gratification at acquiring a power you did not have
before. It's that "Aha! I see!" thrill.
Knowledge, of course, is power, and there are far too many
pilots who are unaware they don't have the knowledge, and therefore
the power. They weren't taught nearly enough (or bluffed their way
past the teaching) and somehow got past the exams. And there are some
non-pilots who think they do have it, but have never flown an
airplane or have about 30 seconds of stick time. Both are dangerous.
Dan

Just to add, you may disparage the rear window
installed in the C150 , ooo "OmniVision", but I enjoy
looking back at the rudder and jerkin' the Yaw.

And why wouldn't you?

I got a real nice sense of the rudder deflection, the
yaw feel, and the recovery from the angular moment.
Regards

Yeh. handy during those inverted spins, eh?

Ken
PS: Note to Ken, design an airplane with a rear facing
pilot seat.

PS: note to self, find out when Ken is flying and go to bar.

Bertie

Mensa Cafe Bar and Grill. I'll meet you there for a few :-)

--
Dudley Henriques