Act now before your wings are defaced

Old September 17th 19, 10:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

Yup. After we burned down the White House, and then stole millions of acres south of the 49th, we set our sights on Europe and jumped in early for all future wars. Both WW’s, Korea, Gulf War, Afghanistan... eventually we designed impenetrable swimming pool blue helmets and specialized in peacekeeping. Then we discovered that shade of blue never occurs in nature and so it stands out everywhere in the world. Thus Sharpie-Off, eh? And that is why UN Peacekeepers helmets are white in the USA and pool blue elsewhere, helps us find our dead easily in battle.

Old September 17th 19, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 5:05:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Now you hit on the real roots of my mental anguish. My parents bought my brother and I BB guns the same year. They thought they should do something to strengthen our corneas. The store had two models and my folks figured they better not have fights over ownership, so my older brother got the nice black and brown Winchester replica. I got the pink Annie Oakley. True. Thats why I identify as non-binary...when your first phallic symbol is a pink girl’s BB Gun made by “Daisy”... what chance did I have for sanity?

Real sorry, eh?

You seem to be really upset and confused. Thinking you were some literary genius was a mistake on your part. The Lewis Grizzard remark set you off and you have yet to recover.
Secondly you were wrong about you mother trying to improve your corneas with the pink Daisy Red Rider. She was basically trying to see if you had enough cojones to shoot your brother. Looks like the experiment failed and you continue ramble with signs of dementia from your heat oppressed brain. I am sure you will research that literary statement.
Old September 17th 19, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 7:59:56 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

You seem to be really upset and confused. Thinking you were some literary genius was a mistake on your part. The Lewis Grizzard remark set you off and you have yet to recover.
Secondly you were wrong about you mother trying to improve your corneas with the pink Daisy Red Rider. She was basically trying to see if you had enough cojones to shoot your brother. Looks like the experiment failed and you continue ramble with signs of dementia from your heat oppressed brain. I am sure you will research that literary statement.

Hi Bob, Bob here,

No I am not upset. I rise each day hoping for a simple smile from just one oppressed glider owner worldwide. Usually I am defeated in this challenge. As you can attest.

We laid my bother to rest in the back yard, under a large oak. I beat him to death with the damned pink Daisy. So you were right there, no cojones to shoot him.

So, you are upset about my obvious dementia, but Trump's gives you hope andpleasure?

At least I can extend beyond Twitter to communications here at MUCH more than 140 characters per wisdom. If a man can convince people to invade Iran based on an insightful 140 character Tweet, well maybe they deserve what happens.

What other world leader would give away "We are locked and loaded." ??... OK, so, Yes, Kim Jong Un and Putin but that's only because they have the videos of Trump in the Moscow hotels.

Here, Now, in the USA... Trump is goading EVERYONE to fear his might. Daily.. In the middle of the night when most sane people sleep.

Tariffs and Tomahawks, they are all the weapons Trump needs. And a Sharpie to correct trajectories of each Tomahawk to show a direct hit on individuals he despises.. as in "Here, the Tomahawk swerved to avoid AA fire, it descended to ground level here, and here it entered King Jong's rectum at the precise angle of 33.7 degrees required to take out his prostate for good."

I find creating jokes relaxing. I am sorry you do not feel the same. Eh?

Old September 17th 19, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I forgot to anticipate the "Were do you get off sitting down south in your sweater criticizing we Yanks?"

I forgot to admit I am ¼ American by my grandfather from Mountain Lake MN. He, being cheap at heart, jumped on the offer of 160 acres free land in Saskatchewan. Or maybe "tree land" is more accurate. 160 acres of heavily treed topsoil. In a Province as flat as (Canadian) Neil Young's voice.

So I was born down here instead of up in Minnesota and I have been so ****ed off ever since that I found relief only by writing strangely in glider forums. I could have been a Minnesotan and gone to Viet Nam, but instead I had to stay back and work on a career. I regret that the latent anger about this fact, when combined with that whole Daisy episode, and then the funeral... it has bent me forever. Luckily, under the age of 16 in Canada you can lie, cheat, steal, murder and all you get is a personalized tour of the court building and a cab home. I enjoyed meeting all those lawyers and stuff. That gave me faith there was a job for my kind of twisted brain in every court house in Canada.

And the other ¾ of me is Scots and "east Russian" as they politely termed it. So if just being Canadian is not enough reason to act cheap, add in the Scotsman's fear of spending his first dollar and you have me.

So, I am not upset about anything much. I enjoy Lewis Black a lot, and HE is upset. All the time. I am an amateur discontented fool. Give me time to hone whatever skills pop up.

Illigitimi non carborundum. Or if you're American ... "F*** 'em if they can't take a joke." God bless Joplin.

Back to knitting doilies, I am told dessert today is banana cream pie.

I remain,

Bob

Old September 17th 19, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 1:11:42 AM UTC-7, wrote:
If a Canadian invented basketball while in the USA, it’s still a CANADIAN invention. Admittedly the peach basket had a solid bottom and play was delayed while someone climbed up to get the ball back. Pablum, pagers, walk-in talkies, telephone, electric wheelchairs, Java, insulin, pacemakers, iMax film and projectors, green garbage bags, Canadarm...so many things, and now women’s tennis at the US Open...19 year old Bianca Andreescu devours Serena Williams in straight sets. Snowmobiles. Screech. Health care for all, Nanaimo bars. The Avro Arrow. Paint rollers. Peanut butter. WonderBra. Pacemakers...I repeat for effect.

Of more interest to pilots.... Canadian Reginald Aubrey Fessenden was a prolific inventor in the area of wireless technology — he was the first to broadcast on the AM radio band in 1900 — although he's often regarded as an unsung hero in Canada because his inventions in radio technology were outshined by Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi. Fessenden built two-way radio transmission towers — one near Boston and the other in Scotland — and issued the first transatlantic radio broadcast in 1906.

My favorite?...

The jockstrap hard cup. Imagine, it took a CANADIAN to think up the idea of putting something protective between baseballs and yours. The entire remainder of Earth made do with an extra pair of underwear. We tackle the obvious, invent the less obvious and we improved the odds that superior genes demonstrated by the world’s elite athletes will go forward for the millennia unscathed. Never again would a 105 mph slider eliminate the Mickey Mantles and Christian Yelichs from our great grand children.

Even then we got creative and invented the hard cup for faces of goalies so genetic good lucks would also mutate. We plan ahead. We live up here on a chunk of ice free of sharpies and therefore we cannot sketch ourselves into a better world. Although the Group of Seven thought they sketched a better world. We actually do good ****.

I’m proud of my country and glad we live next door. Keep your friends close. And your enemies closer. Kidding. We need your protection. So we pray you will not build a northern wall, nor will you extend your southern wall to keep us from trekking north to California too. Sharpies can do that.

Over, eh? (Trivial aviation inserted shamelessly to remain on topic in RAS.)

Now that’s been settled, Kim Kardashian announced yesterday she replaced all sorts of medications with CBD oil. Raved about it for mood and anxiety. Now where I live, for me to cross the border and fly up to California, I am screened by CBP...your folks at the border inside Toronto’s airport. “Have you ever used marijuana?” And if answer, yes, I used in college for a month... I am flagged as permanently banned from the USA. Grass is legal in all of Canada and Washington State, Oregon and California, but if a Vancouverite answers yes en route south to get back to California’s grass, he or she is banned for life. Sharpies can make that happen.

You can eliminate Kim Kardashian now if she can be lured to Vancouver.

Wait, how can Tommy Chong ever see the real Rockie’s and get home?? Easy... he was born here, we let will always him in and out.

Just saying.

Eh?

Dearest Bob: Several items stand out from your free thought association on RAS. First of all Canadians invented the cup to protect their balls, but it took another 70 years to consider a helmet for the head on top is important too! Second, troops that burnt down the White House were British regulars just off the Boats from Europe. The British general whom lead this raid was killed three weeks later by an American sniper in Baltimore. Forget Greenland, let's sharpie Canada, as the fifty-first state and name it Trumpland.
Old September 17th 19, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 11:02:58 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:\
Dearest Bob: Several items stand out from your free thought association on RAS. First of all Canadians invented the cup to protect their balls, but it took another 70 years to consider a helmet for the head on top is important too! Second, troops that burnt down the White House were British regulars just off the Boats from Europe. The British general whom lead this raid was killed three weeks later by an American sniper in Baltimore. Forget Greenland, let's sharpie Canada, as the fifty-first state and name it Trumpland.

Darling Jonathan,

Yes, my thoughts are free, who would pay for this crap? But NO ONE wants to associate with me.

The cup preceded the goalie mask. REAL Goalies like Bower and Sawchuck saw stitches as badge of honour. Sawchuck had 400 stitches, 3 of which are in his EYEBALL.They took 80 bone chips out of his elbow one game. Johnny Bower was a wimp and only took 250 stitches. When goalies saw pucks coming at them so fast they could get to their balls through the esophagus or rectum as required, they invented the fibreglass mask. Honour be damned.

Canada was a British colony in 1814. Those troops were Canada's inhabitants.. You know, like in Puerto Rico, they speak Spanish and are brown but they call themselves Americans for some reason. Or, California was once owned by Mexico, ... today we say those early residents were Californians, not Mexicans.

Same thing back in August 1814. "Canada" as a country did not exist BEFORE 1867. Just a colony. So 53 years earlier, the people living on the land we today call Canada happened to be British and French who were fighting to own all our miserable butts. Britain beat the French on the Plains of Abraham in 1759. You guys attacked Canada in 1812 and in retribution and to protect their future commonwealth, we snowshoed to Washington DC in our lumberjack jackets and burned your White House with a celebratory bong fire. We apologized and went home. In Tennis, 19 year Bianca Andreescu APOLOGIZED on I've TV from the court that she was sorry to beat 39 year old Serena bacause so many Americans came to see her win.

Get over it already. We beat you. Or did I miss your burning of 24 Sussex Drive, Juston's digs?

Just to save linking...

Quote: "In June 1812, the United States declared war on Great Britain, citing among its grievances the practice of removing sailors from American merchant ships and forcing them to serve in the British navy. The United States also took issue with a system of blockades and licenses designed to halt trade with Napoleonic France, and with Britain’s supposed foment of Native American unrest. Almost immediately thereafter, U.S. President James Madison approved a three-pronged assault against Canada. Many Americans believed the invasion would be a cakewalk, particularly since Britain was so distracted by the Napoleonic Wars in Europe. Former President Thomas Jefferson called the acquisition of Quebec a “mere matter of marching,” while Speaker of the House Henry Clay, a prominent war hawk, declared that the militiamen of Kentucky were capable of capturing Upper Canada (essentially modern Ontario) and Montreal without any assistance. “There was a lot of saber rattling going on,” said John R. Grodzinski, a history professor at the Royal Military College."

So, you could not beat Quebec or any real soldiers, and so we fought back and burned down your head office for ****s and giggles.

A sniper is such an honourable way to die, Instead of facing the enemy like a real man, he hid in a bush with an AK47 and let loose.

You already have a "51st state" and it is Puerto Rico. So I will pass on any suggestion we should be treated as they have by Trump. We have all the paper towels we need, we still grown tweets her for paper. I'd rather be an outright enemy to Trump and take his Tweets than to be an American in Puerto Rico taking his Tweets.

And besides ALL THAT, we now have "Sharp-off! eh?" ©️™ and you still do not have enough troops to conquer a large country like Canada. Check a map. If I drive to Florida, I can choose several routes and I will pass through a new state every few hours or less, and I am on the beach by the second evening.. BUT, if I want to visit Vancouver, I get in my car at 6:00 am, I scream out of my driveway on to the Trans Canada Highway, Route #1, and I drive flat out for 3 days JUST to get out of Ontario, my home province. THEN, I spend 3 more days to Vancouver. And another day to the west coast of Vancouver Island where the next land west is Japan. If instead I wanted to go east to Labrador and Newfoundland, I drive 2 days like a madman, wait for a ferry, take a 14 hour boat trip and THEN drive 2 days across Newfoundland.

And don't even ask about driving north. The plans for a highway in that direction are in committee. In the meantime we use ice roads and canoes. At our northern limit, 40% of Canada is in the Northwest Territories extending up to 83 degrees north. Alert is 47.5 miles NORTHwest of GREENLAND, Trump's wet dream. I repeat, to get to Canada's tip from Greenland one walks NORTHWEST.... yes, Hawaii is far away but it is WORTH the trip.

Canada is yuge. Yuger than you even. Our size is our defense. Besides, millions of Americans are NOT going to attack Celine Dion's country.

You try to invade us and we just do what we always do, we close the Trans Canada highway, there is ONLY one way across, for some new gravel and for re-tarring. Your tanks slide to a halt. And we eat you with mosquitoes and throw your carcasses to the moose and mountain lions and the beavers incorporate the bones into a dam to go fishing in.

We relax with gliding big fat aluminum gliders, 767's and A330's. The Gimli glider was a fully loaded Air Canada 767 that soared for 45 miles with 69 back seaters, a distance of 3,105 passenger/miles. No injuries, landed on a drag strip center rail. Then Air Transit took up the challenge and their A330 sailplane beat that doing 75 miles across a freaking ocean. With 306 people in the back seat. An astounding 22.950 passenger miles. NO injuries or loss of suntan time. Compare that to the passenger/miles in the OLC in America.

Your guy Sully tried to beat us and he took 152 people in back and got all of 3 miles south. And ALL his pax got wet and had to hire a water taxi. Canada geese took him down just for the irony of it. We also train beavers to build dams from human bones....

I can keep this up all day. Thanks for the challenges.

Eh?

Bob

Old September 18th 19, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Dan. First was an SF27 share then an SZD-55 on my own. About 3300 hours. I just fly dual now, but rarely. Longest flight 9:15.

Loved it. early OLC fanatic.

I’ll not bother RAS very often.

Bob

Old September 19th 19, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Aren't all sides on a sailplane shiny????

LOL....

Wings vs. BFR Dallas Piloting 26 August 3rd 09 07:11 AM
hey Bob, don't look. There are no wings :-) Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 May 19th 08 04:43 PM
Sea Wings pin? Robert M. Gary Piloting 15 September 23rd 06 06:49 PM
X-Wings and Canard Rotor Wings. Charles Gray Rotorcraft 1 March 22nd 05 01:26 AM
wings mark Owning 18 February 7th 04 11:07 AM