Fuses on the panel, or not

Old November 3rd 16, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω

Default Fuses on the panel, or not

Quote: "Anyone have any experience with the ETA - 1110-F112-P1M1-5A – circuit breaker/switch? Jonker used these on the early JS-1. See: http://www.newark.com/eta/1110-f112-p1m1-5a/circuit-breaker-thermal-250v-5a/dp/98K5389"

Quote: "One last thing - Per most manufacturers breakers should not be used as on/off switches. The only one I have found that can be used as an on/off switch is the Tyco W30 and W31 series."

MANY good comments in this entire thread. I don't like (glass) fuses. I do like Tyco W31 breaker(s)/switch(es) in my panel. See http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...?clickkey=5950.

More information here http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/

Old November 18th 16, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

I started to reply to this and then I noticed Hey, I'm the one that started it several years ago. Here is how this story ended up.

I installed a terminal strip with a inline bladed fuse on every terminal. One side of the terminal strip is a 12V bus. Every instrument hooks up to its own individual terminal. Have a large toggle (locking) switch to connect each battery to the 12V bus. Each device without it's own on off switch, has a small toggle (locking) ON/OFF switch on the panel. The only panel mounted fuse is for the (unswitched) gear horn circuit. just in case another of those dang magnetic switches falls off in flight again. 3 seasons on the new panel, no regrets or issues.

SF

Fuses in general Tuno Soaring 19 December 11th 08 06:45 PM
fuses vs. circuit breakers raulb Soaring 0 November 8th 07 02:48 PM
Bussman Fuses kevmor Piloting 10 May 25th 07 03:25 AM
Bussman Fuses kevmor Piloting 2 May 22nd 07 09:28 PM
Fuses versus Breakers ContestID67 Soaring 14 March 14th 05 01:47 PM