Oudie Questions

Old November 19th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

Default Oudie Questions

I am using an Oudie with my LX5000 and for some unknown reason, the Oudie will not properly download the flights. It used to work on a regular basis. When I am attempting the downloads, everything looks like it is working properly, but when I go to view the files, there are not there. I do not have a PC and the Oudie crashes my MacBook.
Any suggestions?

Randy Teel
918-289-3310
Jenks, OK
N304BU
Old November 19th 16, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Congratulations on your flight!

Old November 19th 16, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 6:20:27 PM UTC-5, Randy Teel wrote:
I am using an Oudie with my LX5000 and for some unknown reason, the Oudie will not properly download the flights. It used to work on a regular basis.. When I am attempting the downloads, everything looks like it is working properly, but when I go to view the files, there are not there. I do not have a PC and the Oudie crashes my MacBook.
Any suggestions?

Randy Teel
918-289-3310
Jenks, OK
N304BU

Have you got a microSD card? If yes, check on that as well as the Oudie.

You should be able to read the card on an older MacBook.

Old November 19th 16, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

Thanks

Old November 19th 16, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 6:12:09 PM UTC-6, Dan Daly wrote:
On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 6:20:27 PM UTC-5, Randy Teel wrote:
I am using an Oudie with my LX5000 and for some unknown reason, the Oudie will not properly download the flights. It used to work on a regular basis. When I am attempting the downloads, everything looks like it is working properly, but when I go to view the files, there are not there. I do not have a PC and the Oudie crashes my MacBook.
Any suggestions?

Randy Teel
918-289-3310
Jenks, OK
N304BU

Have you got a microSD card? If yes, check on that as well as the Oudie.

You should be able to read the card on an older MacBook.

Yes I have a microSD card installed...the files are not loading onto the Oudie or the SD card.

Old November 19th 16, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

On 18 Nov 2016 15:33, "Jonathan St. Cloud" wrote:
On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 3:20:27 PM UTC-8, Randy Teel wrote:
Congratulations on your flight!

I am using an Oudie with my LX5000 and for some unknown reason, the Oudie will not properly download the flights. It used to work on a regular basis. When I am attempting the downloads, everything looks like it is working properly, but when I go to view the files, there are not there. I do not have a PC and the Oudie crashes my MacBook.
Any suggestions?

Randy Teel
918-289-3310
Jenks, OK
N304BU

Hi Jonathan,

It is easy to miss it, but in ConnectMe on the Oudie, after you connect
to the LX5000 and hit the next button, there is a text box and "..."
button near the top of the screen. Click the "..." button to set the
desired location for saving the flight log. Since the Oudie doesn't
seem to play well with your Mac (it should) I recommend saving the
flight logs to a microSD memory card that is plugged into the Oudie.

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old November 20th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 9:09:53 AM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. I hate to admit it, but after using a friend's Oudie and getting the same results, I realized my mistake. It was my omission of not selection the desired file to download. I was assuming that all the files were downloading. I have not used the Oudie for a long time and I just missed the required step.
All good now.

Randy

OUDIE [email protected] Soaring 31 November 5th 16 04:19 PM
Oudie 5.19 Bug Lauren Soaring 3 June 4th 14 06:57 PM
Oudie and 302 Stephen[_3_] Soaring 9 November 2nd 11 06:07 AM
oudie Steve Hunt[_2_] Soaring 0 July 7th 11 08:58 AM
Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003 Steven Military Aviation 1 October 20th 03 06:06 AM