Wedekind Sleeves for GROB ASTIR CS

Old March 30th 13, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juliet11[_2_]

Default Wedekind Sleeves for GROB ASTIR CS

I have the sleeves and the directive from GROB authorizing the
installation on the ASTIR CS, but I only have directions for the DG100
installation. The tubes on the ASTIR CS are different than that of the
DG100 and my mechanic needs directions for the ASTIR CS. Does anyone
know who has installed the sleeves on the ASTIR CS and/or has
installation instructions?

Steve
Old April 1st 13, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Does anyone

know who has installed the sleeves on the ASTIR CS and/or has

installation instructions?

Steve

The original instructions from Wedekind in german are available he

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-103.htm...rschluesse.pdf

However, the installation in a Astir CS is slightly different, Part Nr. 2 is not needed. Just screw off the first Hotelier connecter and you will see by yourself. Or ask Lindner
Old April 1st 13, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

A couple of comments;

- Wedekind sleeves are great and much easier to use than the
alternatives.
- It will be tedious, but useful, to type all of the German text into
a Word or Text file, and then use http://translate.google.com to
convert it to English. You will find that some letters like ß and the
umlaut will give you some issues. Please publish what you come up
with.
- The "Klaus Wedekind" document that is just below the Grob Technical
Note is basically identical to the DG version at
http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedeki...nd_Sleeves.pdf
(English).
- The Schema (maßstab 2:1) image looks very similar to the one I
received when I did my sleeves. Here is the English version.
http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedeki...ck_Juergen.jpg
- The relevant FAA documentation is here.
http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedeki...7-08-06_r1.pdf
- See http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedekind for other details on my
installation.

Good luck.

- John

Grob 102 Astir CS fredblair Soaring 1 February 18th 12 11:06 AM
Wedekind Safety Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 3 March 5th 07 12:04 PM
Hints on Securing L'Hotellier with Wedekind Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 0 December 1st 05 08:29 PM
Wedekind Safety Sleeves Huds Soaring 5 May 8th 05 03:07 AM
Source for Wedekind sleeves - AS-W20a Mark Grubb Soaring 7 April 6th 04 08:19 PM