Awesome sportplane

Old February 20th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Awesome sportplane

On 2008-02-20, Phil J wrote:
I agree with most of the restrictions of the LSA rule. I just wish
they had upped the weight limit a little so the Cessna 150 and similar
airplanes had been included. Ironically, from what I've heard those
airplanes are easier to fly and land at least partly because they are
heavier. I've read a number of accounts of pilots transitioning to
Light Sport aircraft who are surprised that the LSAs are actually more
demanding than the non-LSAs to which they are accustomed, especially
in landing.

I'll find this out firsthand next week: I've got 5 hours scheduled in a
Zodiac at Dragonfly Aviation at STS.

I do agree that it would have been nice if they'd set the weight limit to
include the 150/152 and such; I'd have already bought my roommate's dad's
150 if it had.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old February 20th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Feb 19, 8:12*pm, Jay Maynard
On 2008-02-20, Phil J wrote:

I agree with most of the restrictions of the LSA rule. *I just wish
they had upped the weight limit a little so the Cessna 150 and similar
airplanes had been included. *Ironically, from what I've heard those
airplanes are easier to fly and land at least partly because they are
heavier. *I've read a number of accounts of pilots transitioning to
Light Sport aircraft who are surprised that the LSAs are actually more
demanding than the non-LSAs to which they are accustomed, especially
in landing.

I'll find this out firsthand next week: I've got 5 hours scheduled in a
Zodiac at Dragonfly Aviation at STS.

I do agree that it would have been nice if they'd set the weight limit to
include the 150/152 and such; I'd have already bought my roommate's dad's
150 if it had.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC * * * * * * * * *http://www.conmicro.comhttp://jmaynard.livejournal.com* * *http://www.tronguy.nethttp://www..hercules-390.org* * * * * * * (Yes, that's me!)
Buy Hercules stuff athttp://www.cafepress.com/hercules-390

I'll be curious to hear what you think of it. I haven't flown
anything other than a Flight Design CT so far.

Phil