The Aviator

Old January 5th 05, 01:31 AM
Blueskies

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:1vECd.22965$wu4.16407@attbi_s52...
If death resulting from the risks of a lifestyle is defined as self-inflicted,
then anyone who dies in a plane crash committed suicide.

I have relatives who wouldn't argue against that.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Or even in a car crash then...

;-)

--
Dan D.
http://www.ameritech.net/users/ddevillers/start.html

..

Old January 5th 05, 10:23 AM
Cub Driver

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:33:18 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Someday you should learn to speak English. It's a really neat language.

I'd forgotten that I had you in a kill file. I created a new iteration
of Agent, and my kill files fell out.

Plonk!

Old January 5th 05, 02:34 PM
Gary Drescher

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:28:25 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Dying from the effects of a disease is hardly self-inflicted.

AIDS is often a lifestyle disease, like lung cancer or cihorris of the
liver, hence self-inflicted.

But when you dismissed the possibility that his death was "self-inflicted",
as you put it (and you subsequently affirmed that you were referring there
to AIDS), you then proposed *instead* of "self-infliction" that "his diet...
and his drug habit" are among the more plausible explanations (as indeed
they are). By what conceivable rationale would an AIDS death be more
"self-inflicted" than a diet- or drug-induced death (*especially* at a time
when the danger of AIDS was *not even known*)?

When pressed, you retreated to a standard of "self-infliction" by which the
vast majority of Americans' deaths would qualify. Clearly, though, you
ordinarily use the term far more selectively, as your original statement
demonstrates.

--Gary

Old January 6th 05, 11:07 AM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:34:31 -0500, "Gary Drescher"
wrote:

When pressed, you retreated to a standard of "self-infliction" by which the
vast majority of Americans' deaths would qualify. Clearly, though, you
ordinarily use the term far more selectively, as your original statement
demonstrates.

I don't know what the f*** you're talking about, and I am losing
interest in the discussion.

Old January 6th 05, 11:53 AM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 06:07:53 -0500, Cub Driver
wrote in
::

wrote:

When pressed, you retreated to a standard of "self-infliction" by which the
vast majority of Americans' deaths would qualify. Clearly, though, you
ordinarily use the term far more selectively, as your original statement
demonstrates.

I don't know what the f*** you're talking about, and I am losing
interest in the discussion.

Jose,

Would this qualify as an example of Larry's Corollary?

V.V. Utgoff Naval Aviator QDurham Military Aviation 1 March 14th 11 01:49 AM
"The Aviator" Orval Fairbairn General Aviation 13 February 22nd 05 03:25 AM
THE AVIATOR Roger Long Piloting 12 November 3rd 04 11:16 AM
DC headset, Yeasu Aviator Pro, Softcom intercom, Navaire Light, E6B, For Sale davnos Piloting 1 November 14th 03 07:49 AM
FS: Yaesu VXA-100 "Aviator Pilot" Alkaline Battery Case, $20 obo Jaysen Underhill General Aviation 0 September 3rd 03 05:35 AM