J3 Postings

Old August 19th 08, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

Default J3 Postings

And downloading and decoding the s-pile j3 posted didn't?

Clicking on 500 links may take some time.

Old August 19th 08, 08:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:12:36 GMT, "The Old Bloke"
wrote:

I don't mind trying to learn how to download these multipart postings, but I
need to understand them.. I not passing judgment on J3. It seems that I
have to download, in the case I raised, 270Meg minimum, to see what has been
posted. And 5G download to see them all. Will you pls answer one question?

Is there any way to preview these postings without a full download?

It would appear that some folks are confused about WinRar.

You don't need to download the entire series of parts, just the first
one. If I recall your earlier post ... ah, there it is: " Sure enough,
when I tried to open it, it asked for part 2. "

I'm thinking you tried to extract the files, not open the .rar. Just
double-click on the part01.rar file to open it. You should be able to
view what's in there quite nicely.

Anyone using Easynews can log into their web interface -which includes
an auto-unrar utility- and see the photos there.

Old August 19th 08, 01:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Old Bloke[_9_]

wrote:

I don't mind trying to learn how to download these multipart postings, but
need to understand them.. I not passing judgment on J3. It seems that I
have to download, in the case I raised, 270Meg minimum, to see what has
been
posted. And 5G download to see them all. Will you pls answer one
question?

Is there any way to preview these postings without a full download?

It would appear that some folks are confused about WinRar.

You don't need to download the entire series of parts, just the first
one. If I recall your earlier post ... ah, there it is: " Sure enough,
when I tried to open it, it asked for part 2. "

I'm thinking you tried to extract the files, not open the .rar. Just
double-click on the part01.rar file to open it. You should be able to
view what's in there quite nicely.

This is probably where I am going wrong. I have the one I downloaded and I
just tried double clicking it and it again prompts me for part2

Thanks for the lead. I wll look into it a bit more.

Thanks for you help. It's appreciated.
Regards
Doug

Old August 19th 08, 07:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

It downloaded while I was looking at other posts. To decode the whole
bloody lot took about 6 clicks.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:37:13 -0400, "Oviedo"
wrote:

And downloading and decoding the s-pile j3 posted didn't?

Clicking on 500 links may take some time.

.^. ..
/ ;M;,;MMMMM.
.;MMMM,*"qMMM;
,MMMMMMM; ;MMMM;
;MMMMM;' ;MMM;
';m|' qM'
| \
=========..====.=
.---'. | |; | |
( --- '--''\'-'
; \:' _ ;
'__'_ "Y
; |__;
'; / ;
. ;
, ;
', ;
. ;
; ;
; ;
; ;
; ;'
_.; ;__
.;mmmm./MMM;.
.' 'mmmmm\mm.' ;
,; /mmm/mm'. ';
; (mmP'qMMM; ;
;\ /"" """ \ ;
; "\ l X
;' ;;| ;
;' ,' | ___..--.;.
,' ; |.-""___;;--.;|
'; ", '.mMMMMMMMMMM;'
': , ;MMMMMMMMM;MMM;
'; ; ;MMMMMMMMM;MMM;.
;; ;MMMMMMMMMM;MMM
; . ;MMMMMMMMM;MMMMM
; ;MMMMMMMMMM;MMMMM;'
; |;MMMMMMMM;MMMMMM;
; |;MMMMMMMM;MMMMMMM;
'-._'MMMMMMM; ;MMMMMM;
:MMMMMMMM; 'MMMMMM;
:MMMMMMM; 'MMMM;
;MMMMMM; ;MMM;
;MMMMM' ;MMM;
;MMMM; ;MMM;
;MMM; ;MM;
;MMM; ;MM;
;MMM; ;MM;
/'MM;' ;MM;
/ M'_ |'M'|__
(MVMMMMMM; ; _lukMMM;
'*MMMMM+' 'MMMMM*'
Old August 28th 08, 11:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:37:13 -0400, Oviedo wrote
(in article ):

And downloading and decoding the s-pile j3 posted didn't?

On my system it downloaded in the background while I was doing something
else. But then I use a real newsreader which has filtering and automation
systems. I can, and do, tell my newsreader what I want downloaded and it does
it for me.

Once the .rars and .pars were downloaded, a single double-click launched
MacPAR Delux and it decoded the .rars, created a new folder, and dropped the
..jpgs in there, all without my having to do thing one. And, oh, yeah, it
dropped the .rars and .pars into the Trash for me. It'd have deleted them
automatically for me, except that I disabled that feature. I always want to
delete stuff myself, just in case.

But by all means continue to live in your self-imposed ghetto. Just don't
expect others to live there.

Clicking on 500 links may take some time.

Old August 28th 08, 11:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:35:54 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

It downloaded while I was looking at other posts. To decode the whole
bloody lot took about 6 clicks.

If that many.

Old August 28th 08, 11:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:18:56 -0400, Casey Tompkins wrote
(in article ):

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:58:12 +0200, "Richard"
wrote:

J3's space shuttle posting amounted to almost 5 G of high quality pictures.
The pictures were really great, but it comes at a cost.
The flood itself washes out all other posts and for guys out there who
don't
use a high speed internet connection it can be a real pain in the behind.

Um, you're confusing multi-part posts with multiple posts. A
relatively large single post is frequently (depending on the posting
software and NSP) broken up into smaller parts, but it's still one
post. For example, if someone posted a .rar file with 50 photos, but
the post was segmented by the posting software into 10 parts, it's
still one post, and one header, to the NSP. If on the other hand the
poster uploaded all 50 shots separately, that would be 50 posts and 50
headers.

I, for one, have said this before. Those who love MSOE and expect all other
to live with its limitations don't care about the facts.

See the difference?

No, they don't.

Since the NSPs track by posts, and not parts, unless someone puts up
an 800-part .rar file it won't hurt retention.

Again: learn to love the killfile.

They'd rather whinge.

multiple postings Andy Soaring 3 January 9th 06 02:41 PM
Free for sale postings [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 December 10th 05 09:09 PM
Postings being removed? Neptune Soaring 9 May 19th 04 02:46 AM
Wednesday - Theme Week Postings Shiver Me Timbers Home Built 0 January 28th 04 11:30 PM