Cool Video...

Old November 29th 05, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cool Video...

Thanks for the comments guys...

I used normal packaging tape (Not the cheap stuff though) It worked
without any problems at all! Highest speed was 80 mph...
-Nik
Andy Blackburn wrote:
At 04:36 29 November 2005, wrote:
Tape? What was your what was your highest airspeed?

I've used tape to hold a bullet camera mounted on a
post with an aluminum plate for a base - up to 150
kts. People recommend gaffer's tape though I found
wing tape works fine.

Okay, it was a lot of tape.

9B

Old November 29th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I've done it with duct tape and had no problems whotsoever, even at
higher speeds.

Old November 30th 05, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Mounting cameras

laister49 wrote:
I've done it with duct tape and had no problems whotsoever, even at
higher speeds.

The professionals use "Duck Tape" brand duct tape for it's superior
aerodynamic qualities.

Sorry, couldn't resist, and it is an actual brand available in the US.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old November 30th 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Eric Greenwell wrote:

The professionals use "Duck Tape" brand duct tape for it's superior
aerodynamic qualities.

Sorry, couldn't resist, and it is an actual brand available in the US.

More than that. I've seen "Duck Tape" as a description in hardware
stores applying to stock clearly labelled "Duct Tape".

Actually, the "k" generally seems to be taking over from the "t".
Gresham's Law?

GC

Old November 30th 05, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ok, the Draft.wmv was around 5 min and it is around 5 min longer
(10min)
Also I don't know what you mean by slow server, I download it at full
speed with no problems, maybe your connection is just too slow because
the file is 2mbits and not optimized for dsl which is (768kbps)

-Nik

Old November 30th 05, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

laister49 wrote:
Nik,

Congrats on your excellent video. We as a sport need much more of this
sort of thing. This video relates the sport to the younger generations
in a way that we can really identify with. I'm just a little older
than you guys, but I'm used to being the youngest guy around the
airport. The video allows a glimpse into how much fun the sport is,
and may inspire more of our contemporaries to put down thier video game
controllers at least long enough to put forth the effort to learn
enough about soaring to really see how much fun it is.This video should
be distributed to every High School and College that has any connection
with, or is anywhere near a gliderport.

Excellent idea. Another way to attract young people, IMHO, is to buy
them Condor, the soaring flight simulator. Only $50 US. It is a very
realistic soaring simulator, the best I've seen. The younger set seems
to like video games, which this is although it is so much more. Once
they're hooked they may well want to try the real thing. Heck, buy it
for yourself. Warning: It is addictive, especially the online
real-time competitions, and one can easily lose hours of spare time.
Guess how I know? ;-)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/media.htm

p.s., Don't be put off by the lack of a demo program, as I was.

Regards,

-Doug

Old December 1st 05, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug Hoffman wrote:
laister49 wrote:

[...]

No Mac/Linux support is off-putting enough.

Shawn
Old December 2nd 05, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nik

Great job.

Kernow

wrote:
Some people were having trouble connecting to my video, problem is
fixed now...

Download the video at:
http://www.flynik.com/HHJuniors05.wmv

Remember that this is 5 min longer than the original version
(Draft.wmv)...

If you have any problems please tell me...

-Nik

Old December 11th 05, 06:33 PM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Nik, if you keep this up you're going to make us rock stars.

Great film. Can't wait to see the next one.