Setting QNH

Old March 12th 04, 04:23 PM
MLenoch

This would put Moonbeam at about 8K?

I'll get back to you on that. I can't remember.........)*&*&%&%&
VL
Old March 12th 04, 04:29 PM
MLenoch

The gun sight was the K-14 (semi computing). Did it weight 40 lbs???

For the civie conversion, removing the gunsight also involved taking out the
wiring, gunsight bracket, gunsight controller, and power converter. All these
items might be around 40lbs.

Also
with high G's the sight would end up pointing at nose of bird and the
nose would cover up the target so you couldn't fire with any
probability of hits

Yes, very much a problem. I always wondered what was done in the field for
this. Going fixed sight is certainly a solution. Thx.

I didn't think you would carry drop tanks in the acro mode? Did you
pull the racks off the wings and the 'zero length' rocket launchers?

No tanks during Akro, but many folks leave their racks on for the more military
looking restoration. I hate flying with the tanks on, the a/c is so laterally
unstable (dutchroll airsickness *^&$^%$).

VL