Even MORE on Testing!!

Old July 15th 09, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Veeduber[_2_]

Default Even MORE on Testing!!

Pants, not wing spars.

Has anyone ever dealt with 'Duluth Trading Post?'

As some of you know the cancer has caused me to lose about 80 pounds
and nearly 2" in height due to the compression fracture of my 5th
lumbar vertebrae.

Bottom Line: I ain't got NOTHING that fits.

Shopping is something I'm will to pay for NOT to do. (Just standing
up gets painful after a time. If I take enough pain pills I end up
too far behind the power curve to be driving myself around the
southern California taxiways.

So I'm trying to shop by mail. It seemed to work when I was a kid,
when we did a lot of our shopping out of the Sears Big Book. But I
don't trust Sears since they shut down our local store.

Anyway, this outfit in Duluth (or at least near it) seems to sell good
jeans -- 13oz fabric instead of the more common 11, 8 or even 6 ounce
'denim.' So I was wondering... Any of you guys every shop there?

-R.S.Hoover
Old July 15th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim Ward[_1_]

"Veeduber" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't, so I can't speak to them, but I have had good luck with Lands'
End.
I was a little worried when they were acquired by Sears, but the quality and
service of the stuff I bought over the net seems to have remained unchanged.
Sears did have a Lands' End line that they carried in their stores, I
understand, but like you, I'd gladly pay to not go shopping, so I don't know
if it was the same stuff.

My experiences with Lands' End over the net have been every bit as good as
my experiences with McMaster-Carr, and that's damn high praise.

Tim Ward

Old July 15th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

hey bob, try sportsmansguide.com
Old July 15th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

I deal with them regularly. If you get a pair of their side-clip
suspenders (wearing a snappy red pair right now) and cuff your
existing jeans, you might get another few thousand day's use out of
your existing stock.

Old July 16th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cmyr

I have been a happy customer of Duluth Trading for several years.
If you want to buy American, you'll have a problem,but everything
seems built to aircraft standards , over built to Carhartt standards.
I will also second the thought about the suspenders, they do the job
and stay outta your way,

Old July 18th 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob

On Jul 15, 9:32*am, wrote:
hey bob, try sportsmansguide.com

Dear Great,

I don't like them. For the last six months or so they've been sending
me my 'Last Catalog!' To get away with that they're saying 'Thank You
for Your Order!'

Clearly, they are not only dishonest but dishonorable. I don't do
business with people like that.

-Bob

Testing David Wightman Simulators 1 February 1st 08 05:09 AM
Testing the Testing of Mogas Jay Honeck Piloting 22 July 24th 06 09:38 PM
Testing Amos Anon Rotorcraft 0 March 9th 04 01:22 PM
testing (nothing) Eric the Fish Rotorcraft 0 November 7th 03 12:01 AM
testing Richard Hollenberg Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 02:29 AM