Q400

Old October 22nd 09, 06:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
!!::!!::

Default Q400

Old October 22nd 09, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

!!::!!:: wrote:

Sweet. :-)

Where was that picture taken?

Graham
Old October 22nd 09, 09:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
!!::!!::

Upstairs in Qantas Domestic in Sydney, down the far end , the signs say
"chairmans lounge"
but when i was there they had a display going of old Qantas memorabillia ,
awesome view, no announcements though !!

Steve.

Old October 22nd 09, 10:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"TacAN" wrote in message
!!::!!:: wrote:

Sweet. :-)

Where was that picture taken?

Graham

Haven't been there for a hundred years. :-)
It looked familiar, but wasn't sure.

The QANTAS memorabilia would have been great to see.

Thanks
Graham
Old October 22nd 09, 11:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
!!::!!::

Theres a little bit about it on the Qantas website:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ion/global/en#

Good vantage spot if you have a good camera and zoom !

Old October 22nd 09, 12:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

!!::!!:: wrote:
Theres a little bit about it on the Qantas website:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ion/global/en#

Good vantage spot if you have a good camera and zoom !

Thanks Steve. Is there anything like this at the QANTAS terminal at
Brisbane?
I'm more likely to be there than in Sydney (last time was in Jan 1974) :-)

Thankyou for the link.
Something that always interests me is how the "in flight meal" has
evolved over the years.

Graham
Old October 23rd 09, 12:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
!!::!!::

Yeah, the inflight "meal" has evolved into the neil perry 1/2 a sandwich or
a muffin ! I've not seen any similar
displays in Brisbane, I usually spend my between flight time up there
wandering around to Jetstar and Virgin terminals
to get a bit of exercise and a different view of the runways.
Due to your kind comments I'll post a picture a bit later of VH-OGD
that I got from the same spot as the Q400.
thx
Steve.

"TacAN" wrote in message
!!::!!:: wrote:
Theres a little bit about it on the Qantas website:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ion/global/en#

Good vantage spot if you have a good camera and zoom !

Thanks Steve. Is there anything like this at the QANTAS terminal at
Brisbane?
I'm more likely to be there than in Sydney (last time was in Jan 1974)
:-)

Old October 23rd 09, 09:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

!!::!!:: wrote:
Yeah, the inflight "meal" has evolved into the neil perry 1/2 a sandwich or
a muffin ! I've not seen any similar
displays in Brisbane, I usually spend my between flight time up there
wandering around to Jetstar and Virgin terminals
to get a bit of exercise and a different view of the runways.
Due to your kind comments I'll post a picture a bit later of VH-OGD
that I got from the same spot as the Q400.
thx
Steve.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the pic of VH-OGD :-)

At the Brisbane domestic terminal - are there any areas where nosey
parkers like me can get a good (preferably outside) view of the traffic
comings and goings.

Down stairs in the passenger checkin it is fully enclosed - sort of ok
for seeing some planes, but not a lot of sound can be heard from outside.
Likewise upstairs - it also seems to be enclosed.

Security takes a pretty dim view of most things these days. :-(

I will probably be down there in Feb or March 2010. I'm hoping there's a
good vantage point somewhere where I could spend an hour or two before
flying home.

Cheers
Graham
Old October 26th 09, 03:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
!!::!!::

Hi Graham,
I don't know of any outdoor viewing spots any more, last one i
found was in Christchurch a few months
ago, had to wait for the ice to melt before they opened it up ! Great fun
once outside though , but cold :-)
In Brisbane i'd just wander up all the terminals , the circular far ends
are about the best you'll get as far as i know, and don't just limit
yourself to whomever your flying with, have a wander through the other
terminals, just watch your departure time as there's
no opposition announcements once you wander off !
Same with Sydney, if you're in Qantas Domestic, i'd recommend seeing the
display and it's a great view from up there too !
steve.