Sailplane Design book available again

Old December 23rd 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Sailplane Design book available again

Hi,

The book "Sailplane Design" by Vittorio Pajno is finally in print again. It
was out of print for a year or so. It was a very popular book.

I have copies on the way to me that should arrive in about 2 weeks.

You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...laneDesign.htm

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 24th 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Dec 23, 5:37*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

The book "Sailplane Design" by Vittorio Pajno is finally in print again. *It
was out of print for a year or so. *It was a very popular book.

I have copies on the way to me that should arrive in about 2 weeks.

You can see details hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...laneDesign.htm

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Paul,

When will you have Cross Country Soaring back in stock?

Lane
XF
Old December 24th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Cross Country Soaring book by Helmut Reichmann

Hi Lane,

I've been reminding the SSA every few weeks that I really want to be able to
sell that book again. They own the copyright, but they don't have the funds
at hand to order a large batch. They may to try to get dealers to pre-order
(and pre-pay I guess) for large batch orders - to help get it rolling.

The book is very well liked and I have many customers waiting for copies. I
hope they get it reprinted soon. I for one am willing to pre-order many
copies.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 24th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

"lanebush" wrote in message

On Dec 23, 5:37 pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

The book "Sailplane Design" by Vittorio Pajno is finally in print again..
It
was out of print for a year or so. It was a very popular book.

I have copies on the way to me that should arrive in about 2 weeks.

You can see details
hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/books...laneDesign.htm

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Paul,

When will you have Cross Country Soaring back in stock?

Lane
XF

These printing costs are a perfect reason to release out-of-print
paper books as "E-Books"
Old December 26th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TJ Johnson \FN\

These printing costs are a perfect reason to release out-of-print
paper books as "E-Books"

You can also set them up as "print on demand" so that people can have
hard copy without the overhead. I have done this with old documentary
films, and I have a few books out there too. There really isn't much
money in it, but it ensures that the content is available for future
generations. If anybody has anything that they want to do this with,
just get hold of me, I can take care of it for you, or I can give you
all of the information that you need to do it yourself.

TJ
Old December 26th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Paul,

Is there a similar situation going on with the SSA Hardcover Pilots
Logbook? Your web site says it is no longer available.

-John

Old December 27th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi John,

I haven't really pushed the SSA too hard on the SSA Hardcover Pilot
Logbooks. They simply told me they were no longer available and have no
plans to order them again due to dramatically increased costs for the book.
I do get requests for it from time to time. It was a good product. I
imagine customers would be willing to pay more for them. For now, I started
selling a standard pilot hardcover logbook from ASA. It is not gliding
specific, but works great and is low cost.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde