Sean Fidler - US Team Captain

Old March 29th 14, 12:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]

Default Sean Fidler - US Team Captain

On 29/03/2014 03:30, Garret Willat wrote:
I nominated Sean. He declined due to the major time commitment
required overseas. I have already stated who our current captains
are. Sorry for adding to this thread. If anyone needs clarification
of why I felt Sean would be a good captain you can contact me
privately.

On 29/03/2014 08:00, Sean Fidler wrote:
Oh Kevin? Where are you Kevin?

You're a little whiny coward Kevin. Nothing more.

Sean doesn't do privacy, Garret. Perhaps you'd like to expand here on
what made you think Sean has the qualities and character needed to be a
US Team Captain.

GC

With that said I am very happy with Fernando, I feel he is
doing and will do an amazing job.

Make sure to follow the US team blog and do not forget to donate to
the US Soaring Team.

After this little discussion, good luck with that!

http://www.ssa.org/USTeam?show=blog&id=2124

Old March 29th 14, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I, too, am interested in the hit count. Would someone please tell me how to
discover that little statistic?

And, please, keep this thread going! It's a bit of entertainment with my
morning coffee while I watch Gordon's adventure and scrutinize the Moriarty
forecasts to see if the winds will be below 30 kts today...

eb.com...

Old March 29th 14, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Good morning Kevin. How are you doin?

"INQUIRING MINDS" continue to want to know what you have to say for yourself. Assuming you are not locked inside a padded cell somewhere.

I have been getting an incredibly large number of PM's ( 100) from folks all over the world (mostly US and Canada) since you started your little thread here. I always get a lot of PMs when a good debate is running on RAS, but this is a new record.

Obviously, most of us knew the answer to your question when you started this thread. Still, I wondered what drove your hatred and your persecution effort. It was discussed, but nobody wanted to answer your question because it gave us a front row seat into the mind of an amusing idiot. So we all just played along.

Perhaps that was a mistake. This distinct contrast from what you truly believed inside that troubled mind and the truth would be a shock to anyone Kevin. Being mentally disturbed must be very difficult. I feel sorry for you but I also have some real concerns (as do many others via numerous PM's) that this experience might have cracked your already fragile mental state completely.

How long I have to wait for you to come out of hiding is, of course, up to you. But I need some confirmation that you're not driving to Michigan right now planning to kill us. Others have expressed concern and now I am beginning to agree with them. I can't have an unstable person, whereabouts unknown, on the loose indefinitely.

Kevin, we need to hear from you. I would like to have some sort of confirmation that you are under the care of a mental health professional. Kevin, this is not a joke. I think that is a fair question.

Finally, I need you to know that Tiffany and I are both outstanding marksmen. We will not hesitate to defend ourselves if you attempt to harm us.

Sean

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:31:07 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Inquiring minds what to know if and by whom Sean Fidler was asked to be the US Team Captain.

The US Team code of conduct states the following:

13.1.5 Treatment. Fair, considerate, courteous treatment of Team Management, Team Volunteers, and members of the public.

I think we can all agree that Sean has consistently abused the soaring public and is therefore in violation of the code.

Old March 29th 14, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

On 3/29/2014 6:05 AM, GC wrote:
[...]

Bad, unacceptable behavior is exactly that: bad and unacceptable. I don't care
if we're talking presidents who can't keep their pants zipped or simple
playground bullies. It's a huge spectrum. Each of us gets to define "bad and
unacceptable." If it's bad enough, sometimes the law - truly a blunt
instrument - takes an interest.

As one who remembers RAS from DejaNews days, I've been generally
pleased/amazed at its general civility, compared to "the rest of the world."
Perfection not being an option, there've been on RAS bouts of incivility,
lamentable pathos, and (occasionally) isolated (until fairly recently)
incidents of pique (usually quickly regretted and rarely repeated).

I've several purposes for this post: 1) to go on record as noting taunting,
berating, ad-hominem behavior on this forum IS unacceptable in my book and 2)
to request - as have others - this unacceptable behavior immediately and
permanently cease. (For anyone concerned for my welfare, I won't be holding my
breath...)

Also, for the record, though I wasn't the initial poster of this thread, I
readily acknowledge the question had occurred to me as well; I was content to
wait and (maybe) have it answered "back channel" if for no other reason (and
this isn't the only one) than to avoid ending up "where we are now."

I'd like to continue thinking soaring and the vast majority of its fortunate
practitioners are above this.

Respectfully,
Bob Whelan
Old March 29th 14, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Two Shoes (Judson Knowles)

Dan,

When you look at the threads, just behind the title, it will show how many posts and how many "views" aka Hit Count.

-Judson
On Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:48:38 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
I, too, am interested in the hit count. Would someone please tell me how to

discover that little statistic?

And, please, keep this thread going! It's a bit of entertainment with my

morning coffee while I watch Gordon's adventure and scrutinize the Moriarty

forecasts to see if the winds will be below 30 kts today...

eb.com...

Old March 29th 14, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I'm a slow learner and not a contest pilot. At first I knew nothing about this topic. But just had a revelation....

It's glider contest strategy!
What a great idea to make other contest pilots think you are absolutely out of your blanking mind! They won't want to share a thermal with you.

"There's (name a top pilot) ahead, I'll leach his (or her if you're liberal) thermal. He'll leave to save his life from my published threats, and have to use an inferior thermal.
Top this one out, pass him and... On to the next victim!
Hahahahahaaaaaaaa!" (add plenty of reverb to the laugh for additional effect)

Is this a commonly used contest strategy?
How is it best used?
Readers may be able to learn something from this thread.
Jim
Old March 29th 14, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Kevin. You have been calling (and irritating) a lot if people with personal phone calls over the past several days. I suggest that you stop trying to weasel your way out of your problems and instead own up to them.

You need to write an apology, here on your own pathetic thread.

Stop being such a coward.

Sean
Old March 29th 14, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

"Instead of accusing me of a mental health crisis, perhaps you can enlighten us by answering my question. Otherwise we will know you are delusional. " - Kevin Christner (March 2014)

Kevin. Your "question" has been answered. "US" have now been enlightened. WE now know that it is YOU who is delusional.

And with that answer (you so desperately needed...) you now decide to run and hide. You don't have the guts do you?

Stop being a little, whiny coward Kevin.

The time has come for you to apologize to your intended victims. You were dead wrong. It is important that you make this apology right here on your own thread Kevin.

Stop being such a little girl...

Sean

Old March 30th 14, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

http://youtu.be/Sjp4Vu1m5_o
Old March 30th 14, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:14:07 PM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Kevin. You have been calling (and irritating) a lot if people with personal phone calls over the past several days. I suggest that you stop trying to weasel your way out of your problems and instead own up to them.

You need to write an apology, here on your own pathetic thread.

Stop being such a coward.

Sean

Actually I think we are all more curious to hear Garret's reasoning. I dont see any indication in this thread that anyone is expecting apology from Kevin except Sean. Did I miss anything?

Come on Sean (F2) Kevin Christner Soaring 6 June 19th 13 06:43 PM
Sean F (F2) as spam brianDG303[_2_] Soaring 5 April 17th 13 11:04 PM
Video Karl Striedieck & Sean Fidler thermaling in a large ground fire(2011 Sr. Championship Seminole) Sean Fidler Soaring 0 March 16th 11 01:27 PM
Sean deRosier C J Campbell Piloting 0 October 18th 04 07:23 AM
Anyone know Sean Tuckers E-mail? Tlewis95 Aerobatics 7 November 18th 03 11:04 PM