WAC Chart Images on line?

Old March 22nd 04, 04:55 PM
Rich

Default WAC Chart Images on line?

Now that we have Approach Procedure chart images available on-line, does
anybody know of a URL where I can get WAC Chart images (or Sectional
Chart images) on line?

I'd like to print a kind of strip chart for various trips that I take,
with just the route of flight and 30-40 miles to either side. I can
scan the hard copy charts, but it would be nice if I could just download
them.

I suspect they are NOT available, but I'm surprised by what I think to
be true that has changed since I checked.

Rich

Old March 22nd 04, 05:50 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Rich wrote:
: Now that we have Approach Procedure chart images available on-line, does
: anybody know of a URL where I can get WAC Chart images (or Sectional
: Chart images) on line?

: I'd like to print a kind of strip chart for various trips that I take,
: with just the route of flight and 30-40 miles to either side. I can
: scan the hard copy charts, but it would be nice if I could just download
: them.

Rich, aeroplanner.com (a pay site, unless you're in EAA) has WAC and
sectional and IFR low altitude charts on line. They also have a trip-tik
setup, like the AAA trip-tiks, that you can print. At least they did when I
was in EAA, I let my membership lapse so I can't check for you right now.
(I'll re-join at SNF).
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)
Old March 22nd 04, 08:08 PM
Kyler Laird

Rich writes:

Now that we have Approach Procedure chart images available on-line, does
anybody know of a URL where I can get WAC Chart images (or Sectional
Chart images) on line?

http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/FAA/sectionals/
There should always be a fresh batch in "current".

I'd like to print a kind of strip chart for various trips that I take,
with just the route of flight and 30-40 miles to either side.

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports
Plug in an address and an airport. Select a resulting "sectional route"
link.

(I'll make a better interface eventually but this works for the testing
I'm doing these days. Note that the red line is the Great Circle path.
I'm still deciding how to handle the difference between that and the
"straight sectional path".)

--kyler
Old March 22nd 04, 09:58 PM
Rich

Wow!
That's EXACTLY what I want!

I went to the Government site and d/l their sample chart.
I'm having trouble transferring from your site, though. I try to d/l
and nothing happens. Tried using both Netscape and IE. Any suggestions?

Rich

Old March 22nd 04, 11:41 PM
Rich

It's OK...
I kept at it and sometimes the file would download and sometimes not.
Took several tries for each chart (I did 5) but I got the data I needed.

Thanks AGAIN!

Rich

Old March 23rd 04, 12:17 AM
Dennis

You can also try http://www.MyAirplane.com

Kyler Laird wrote:
Rich writes:

Now that we have Approach Procedure chart images available on-line, does
anybody know of a URL where I can get WAC Chart images (or Sectional
Chart images) on line?

http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/FAA/sectionals/
There should always be a fresh batch in "current".

I'd like to print a kind of strip chart for various trips that I take,
with just the route of flight and 30-40 miles to either side.

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports
Plug in an address and an airport. Select a resulting "sectional route"
link.

(I'll make a better interface eventually but this works for the testing
I'm doing these days. Note that the red line is the Great Circle path.
I'm still deciding how to handle the difference between that and the
"straight sectional path".)

--kyler

FS: 1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 July 8th 04 07:17 AM
Red line Emilio Military Aviation 2 June 5th 04 04:49 AM
FS: 1989 "Satellite Images" 1st Edition Hardcover Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 June 2nd 04 08:47 AM
us air force us air force academy us air force bases air force museum us us air force rank us air force reserve adfunk Jehad Internet Military Aviation 0 February 7th 04 05:24 AM
CAD outline of Rans S6S instrument panel? Rob Turk Home Built 2 October 21st 03 09:27 PM