will the US military power dominate the world

Old October 20th 03, 09:57 AM
Greg Hennessy

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:09:33 +0200, "Emmanuel Gustin"
wrote:

Only because you are *very* prejudiced against us.

Anything but mate, I just happen to live and pay taxes in one of the few
European countries who has to pick the bill up for everyone else.

On an interpersonal level, I don't have issues with anyone from any
country. However that doesn't extend to the whole corrupt edifice of the EU
and the countries directly benefitting from it.

Belgium being a prime case in point.

The Swiss hide
the filth of the world in their safes and secret bank accounts,

Are you saying that privacy is a bad thing ? A lot of the nonsense about
swiss bank accounts comes from EU govts whining about their citizenry
taking positive action to stop their livelihoods being destroyed.

Here in the UK, offshore bank accounts are not an issue. In high tax
jurisdictions they clearly are.

The swiss quite rightly are not going to give up their long cherished
privacy rights for no good reason.

we
sent politicians to jail for things that are more or less legal in say
the UK or USA -- such as taking 'grey' campaign contributions
from defence contractors -- and we are the corrupt ones? Come on!

You cannot compare that with the bribes dassault paid to secure the F16
contract for example.

Campaign contributions in the US are clearly visible at election time and
here in the UK there are strict capitation limits on how much any candidate
can spend on election expenses.

greg
--
$ReplyAddress =~ s#\@.*$##; # Delete everything after the '@'
The Following is a true story.....
Old October 20th 03, 10:27 AM
Rob van Riel

Chad Irby wrote in message om...
In article ,
"IO" wrote:

In spite of the mounting HATE against Bush and the American way of life?

The word you're looking for is "jealousy."

If jealousy were the issue, it would have pre-dated Bush and his stuntdriving.

Rob
Old October 20th 03, 06:45 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:52:44 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
"Franck" wrote:

Unless Europeans don't live in houses or use credit cards.

lol of course, you know what, i live in cave and use candle during night. to
go to my job I use a horse.....

comme on Chad, wake up and open your eyes to see the real world

Well, since (by your comment above) you seem to think that the claimed
"problems" that Americans have with having to spend money on houses and
credit cards don't seem to impact Europeans...

Of the original complaints (house, credit, college), the only one of the
three that had any weight was Americans having to spend more on higher
education, and that's reasonably minor for most folks - and offset
completely for a lot of people.

So it appears that you *are* living in some sort of cave.

Heck, when I went back to school after my retirement (one can never
have too many degrees) I actually made a profit. My scholarships and
VA compensation more than covered the costs. Any high school grad with
decent grades (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) can easily go to four years of
college for free.

Al Minyard
Old October 20th 03, 06:45 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:57:14 +0100, Greg Hennessy
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:46:28 -0500, Alan Minyard
wrote:

I have a *very* average Ford Taurus station-wagon, and it has a 3
Liter engine. Quite safe and comfortable.

I know of one european country where the annual tax (I believe you call it
car tags in your neck of the woods) on a car with a 3 Litre engine would be
round 1500 USD.

greg

Yes, and I pay about $50 for a tag.

Al Minyard
Old October 20th 03, 10:34 PM
William Wright

Boeing chose CATIA in part because of the offset agreement for the French
AWACS. I don't remember the dollar value of the offset but as I recall it
was more than 100%.

"Franck" wrote in message
CATIA was Boeing's baby

Wich surpise, Catia is US Sotfware like Michelin tires !!!

Don't really, Catia is developed in Dassault Aviation in 1983. After
creation of Dassault Systems and asscociation with IBM to market this new
software all over the world.

Boeing is one of our customer but not the first one, just one customer

Franck

www.pegase-airshow.com
www.picavia.com

Old October 21st 03, 12:35 AM
phil hunt

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:57:14 +0100, Greg Hennessy wrote:
The Swiss hide
the filth of the world in their safes and secret bank accounts,

Are you saying that privacy is a bad thing ?

It's neither good nor bad.

Campaign contributions in the US are clearly visible at election time

So corruption is OK as long as you know it's going on?

and
here in the UK there are strict capitation limits on how much any candidate
can spend on election expenses.

But not on how much contributors can give to political parties.

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).

Old October 21st 03, 01:24 AM
BUFDRVR

Disagree on this issue - my daily commute to work is eight miles each
way, in a car that returns sixty miles to the gallon. I buy about
sixty dollars of fuel a month. (Yes, I'm fortunate and others have
longer journeys and/or thirstier vehicles). High fuel prices are an
irritant but (for example) the Common Agricultural Policy puts far
more of a hole in my bank balance than high fuel prices.

If Europe was as dispersed and involved the same routine travel
distances as much of the US seemed to... but it doesn't.

So you choose not to travel. This could be for personal reasons, or it could
be fuel prices. If its the former, than high fuel prices don't impact your
quality of life, but if its the latter, than they do.

I'm not sure if its the size of our country or weather American just like to
travel our nation by car, but many (high percentage) would feel paying
$4.00US/gallon of gas was a severe negative impact on their quality of life.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old October 21st 03, 07:40 AM
Franck

don't impact your quality of life

no impact of the quality of life for me, I travel a lot in Europe by car or
by plane to visit or assist to the europeen airshow. gas is expensive but
some other thing are less expensive than in US so you could adapt your
budget

be sure my quality of life is great
--
Franck