40,000 Plus Hits. Thank you all.

Old November 1st 03, 11:44 PM
Mike Marron

(Longtailedlizard) wrote:

Mike,
If I may offer why I don't think "Art" and "Auto" are not, one and the same,
First off, I'm a regular reader but not much of a participant. I enjoy
reading the different posts, offering many different veiwpoints and opinions.
"Art" has been posting here for some years now, although I don't agree with
him at times, I enjoy reading about his life and times at war.
Many WWII veterans are departing us, its not only important for US history
but World history to hear it first hand from someone who was there. I knew many
WWII veterans, most are departed, including dad and my uncle. But like most
WWII veterans, they never talked about it, most I heard was from mom, "daddy
seen alot of bad stuff", or yes or no answers from dad and uncle themselves.
Its only "after" its to late do you hear about what they did or what
happened.
How many times I picked up the paper only to read so and so passed away, and a
"oh! wow" I did'nt know he was a paratooper, Marine, gunner aboard the Gamblier
Bay, etc, etc.
Also, these are old men, technology is sometimes daunting to them. I remember
writing down specific instructions on how to turn on the computer, do this, do
that, just so they could download e-mails with pictures of there grandchildren.
Art is one of the very few, that not only talks about it, but maintains his
own webpage.
Art is extremely pround of what he has done, and rightfully so. And anybody
that has been apart of this newsgroup, has to admit that, lets face it, if you
don't agree with Art, things seem to turn south real quick. Art is very
opinionated, pretty much, that if you have'nt flown in WWII, the soldiers,
sailors, Marines, infantrymen, gunners, submariners, cooks, supply personnel,
etc, etc, etc, aren't worthy somehow.
But anyway, no big deal, we all have faults.
So!!, to offer my proof that Art and Auto are not the same, Auto replied:

Your stuff is the most interesting on this NG. You can't beat being there no
matter what. I look for your posts every time I log on. Keep 'em flying.

Mike, KEEP 'EM FLYING, is strictly and aircraft mechanics saying, no way in
God's green earth would Art ever stoop slow low as to quote the saying of a
lowlife, yellow, uneducated enlisted aircraft mechanics qoute or as Art calls
them Poogies or something like that.

Great post Liz, much appreciated! This is the one and only RATIONAL
response I've read yet, however, perhaps we should give Kramer a bit
of credit where credit's due here. In other words, simply because he
used a mechanic's saying (e.g: "keep 'em flying") doesn't mean squat.
He may have utilized the saying just to help furthur disguise himself
precisely for the reasons you so astutely pointed out (e.g: make it
seem like "Autocollimator" is some "low life yellow, uneducated
enlisted aircraft mechanic" ain't him).

Old November 1st 03, 11:46 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: 40,000 Plus Hits. Thank you all.
From: "Brian Colwell"
Date: 11/1/03 1:48 PM Pacific Standard Time

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Yeff" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:24:34 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

ROFL ! Occam is now turning over in his grave. (sigh)

...twas the Black Death that got him. One thing's for sure, his grave

was a
"simple" one!!! :-))
DH

I heard Mike used Occam's razor to skin Schrodinger's cat...

Ah, Schrodinger's cat!!! I KNEW there was a f*****g cat in this stupid
equation SOMEPLACE!!!!
Now, going into quantum a bit here, Mike could be right!! If we put Art

AND
Autocollimator into a lead box (after all, they ARE one and the same
according to Mike ) and then we throw in a cyanide capsule, can we then
assume that Art and Autocollimator are then both dead, or do we have to
actually open the box to prove a superposition on this issue?
Or perhaps instead, we can just put Mike into the box, assume a
superposition, and then the whole lot of us can go out and have a drink
because none of us really give a **** whether Mike's dead or NOT!!! :-)))
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Dudley,
I will buy the first round !!!

BMC

I will buy the 10th through the 25th.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old November 2nd 03, 12:18 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

ROFL ! Occam is now turning over in his grave. (sigh)

...twas the Black Death that got him. One thing's for sure, his grave

was a
"simple" one!!! :-))
DH

I heard Mike used Occam's razor to skin Schrodinger's cat...

Ah, Schrodinger's cat!!! I KNEW there was a f*****g cat in this stupid
equation SOMEPLACE!!!!
Now, going into quantum a bit here, Mike could be right!! If we put Art

AND
Autocollimator into a lead box (after all, they ARE one and the same
according to Mike ) and then we throw in a cyanide capsule, can we then
assume that Art and Autocollimator are then both dead, or do we have to
actually open the box to prove a superposition on this issue?

Hey Dud, what is up with your buddy Peterson at Dryden?

I hear he is stinking up the place.

What happened to all those connections?

Old November 2nd 03, 12:25 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

Hey Dud, what is up with your buddy Peterson at Dryden?

I hear he is stinking up the place.

What happened to all those connections?

I have nothing to do with Dryden. Any "connections" I might have are in
Washington.
DH

Old November 2nd 03, 12:26 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"Gord Beaman" ) writes:
(Peter Stickney) wrote:

There's only one problem with that, Mike. Autocollimater's posts are
coming through nntp (Net News Transport Protocol) Server
,
and Art's are coming through nntp server mb-m10.aol.com.
AOL, like everybody else, has their News Servers set up to handle a
particular set of POP (Points of Presense), and, therefore, service a
particular geographic area. The area serviced by an nntp server is
large enough that, say, calling a POP in an adjacent locale will, by
and large, have you posting your stuff through the same server. So
what those message IDs are telling us is that Art and Autocollimater
may well be in the same Time Zone, but they aren't near each other.

--
Pete Stickney

Good try Pete but your last para there is inaccurate.

Those nntp's can be changed around (almost) at will. You may
notice that I use one in New Brunswick instead of my local one
here on PEI because I find it faster. I've even tried several in
Ontario (1000 miles West of here) some work, others don't.

I may have jumped the gun a bit in my attempt to oversimplify.
With the exception of AOL, Gord, I'd say you're absolutely correct.
(Astute header readers will know that despite my living in New
Hampshire, USA, I'm posting through a News Server in Germany.
(Adelphia's not the greatest at nntp connectivity)
However, to the best of my knowledge, AOL's servers are only open to
AOL's customers, and AOL's browser/reader software doesn't give you
the option of switching/selecting the nntp server that you're using.
Theere are some other clues, as well. The header information in
Art's, Auticollimater's, and, for that matter, Gordon's (krztalizer)
posting is incomplete, in a manner characteristic of AOL's software.

That isn't to say that it wouldn't be possible to arrange entry through
a different POP, but that's much more expensive, devious, and time
consuming that opening up a false Google Posting ID, and using that.

Mind you, there can be other ways, as well - I could make it appear
that I was posting from Mcmurdo Sound, if I wanted to bend a few
rules - but the people who are capable of that tend not to be
long-time AOL users.

They're not hard to change at all, so "both of these posters"
could indeed be the "same one". Also, the word Autocollimater is
a 'nonword' but 'collimater' means:

1 : a device for producing a beam of parallel rays (as of light)
or for forming an infinitely distant virtual image that can be
viewed without parallax

Possibly some system inside or related to a bombsight?

Possible, but there are a lot of other collimaters out there, as
well. I'm using a chunk of a Gamma Ray Collimater as a paperweight,
for example. (A chunk of Lead Honeycomb about 4" thick)

Just noodling around here...no accusations forthcoming.

No need for any importance. Until we're all in the same room, our
persona is what we post, warts and all. The impressions we make color
everything we do. In my case, it matters not if Art just happens to
_be_ AC, no matter what my belief. Art may very well be a Crusty Old
*******, and some of his opinions and online mannerisms may be
abrasive as All Get Out, but I value his storytelling of his time in
the nose of a Marauder, and of life in the chaos of immediate postwar
Europe. If Joe Heller had been willing to share his typewriter, there
might have been a different movie made.

Mike, on the other hand, is trying too hard to be Hot Rock Harry,
Roger Rudder's illegitimate brother, that I've really got to question
his judgement. There are times when he seems to really know what he's
talking about, and many other times when he's the Cock of the Walk
with 100 hours under his belt. He does seem to suffer from the
Ultralight version of Short Man's Syndrome, where he's trying so
damned hard to make his ultralight the Greatest Thing since the Moller
Sky Car. If his real life persona is as twitchy and "fangs out" as
his online persona, I fully expect him to show up in the NTSB's
statistics someday, hopefully without killing anybody else. But
that's just his online persona - who knows what he (or any of us) are
in real life.

It's kind of amusing, to think of the possibilities -
John Tarver may actually be a Professor of Thermodynamics and History.
Grantland may actually be a Bantu. Bernardx might be a Rabbi. Denyav
might actually have grown up on Earth. Me, I'm James Bond and Derek
Flint, all rolled into one (and short enough to be an Astronaut,
besides) .

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster