What have we learned from all this?

Old January 19th 21, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

It's not even a full year, the US death count is now over 400,000, and the rate is still climbing.

--Bob K.
Old January 19th 21, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 3:26:10 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

It's not even a full year, the US death count is now over 400,000, and the rate is still climbing.

--Bob K.

Just wait Bob, the toll will go much higher as soon as the caravan from Honduras gets here in enough time to attend the inauguration. I am flying my glider tomorrow, just disconnected Direct TV and building a wall around my la casa in Vero Beach.
Old February 17th 21, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.
Old February 17th 21, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from
Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the
first US death in early February 2020.

According to worldometer, unfortunately that's already happened:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old February 17th 21, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 12:24:45 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Does that include the guy who had the virus and was run over by a truck?

Dan
5J
On 2/17/21 12:12 PM, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.

For some time the doubling time for COVID deaths was on a 2-day trajectory. This has now dropped dramatically and is now 150 days for the US and is falling rapidly. It is very clear that President Trump's Warp Speed initiative has been remarkedly successful (despite the remarks of Konfused Kamala).
https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?data=deaths

Tom
Old February 17th 21, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Dan Marotta wrote on 2/17/2021 12:24 PM:
Does that include the guy who had the virus and was run over by a truck?

Dan
5J

On 2/17/21 12:12 PM, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half
a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up
to scale.

--Bob K.

We are swiftly approaching 500,000 "excess deaths" since last February. Traffic accidents
normally claim about 35,000, and can not explain that number. Don't let the conspiracy
promoters talk you out of wearing a mask, social distancing, and other CDC recommended
practices. I still want to see your autogyro this summer, so don't get sick on me!

Old February 17th 21, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Get sick on you, Eric? Not a chance. Due to my location, social
distancing is a fact of life and I'll have had my shots before you get
here. If you fit the loading requirements, I'll show you the fun of the
gyro, if you like.

Dan
5J

Old February 17th 21, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from
Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since
the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow
start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.

We are swiftly approaching 500,000 "excess deaths" since last February.
Traffic accidents normally claim about 35,000, and can not explain that
number. Don't let the conspiracy promoters talk you out of wearing a
mask, social distancing, and other CDC recommended practices. I still
want to see your autogyro this summer, so don't get sick on me!

In a fascinating and erudite book, Guns, Germs and Steel, Jared Diamond said in the
Germs section , " the most serious threat to humankind , is a pandemic
with no effective vaccine". That was published 20 years ago; there but for the grace
of clever microbiologists go we.
BTW a Chinese researcher unravelled the genome sequence and published it on the internet
at the beginning of 2020, thus giving the vaccine scientists a head start.
John Firth not a biologist.