Old April 27th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Responses to MX

Not only do we have contributions from MX then we get responses that are
non responsive to MX, just putting him down. He may deserve it, but now
instead of 1 post, we get X posts where X is the number of people
responding. Like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say
anything.

My two cents... Have a good weekned
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old April 27th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ArtP

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:41:32 -0500, Ross wrote:

Not only do we have contributions from MX then we get responses that are
non responsive to MX, just putting him down. He may deserve it, but now
instead of 1 post, we get X posts where X is the number of people
responding. Like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say
anything.

My two cents... Have a good weekned

I agree completely. I have stopped reading threads not because of one
poster, but because the need of a few others to keep trading insults.
I suspect a number of people on these groups are more interested in
taking out their frustrations on others than aviation. We need a group
just for people who want to belittle others.
Old April 27th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Ross wrote:
Not only do we have contributions from MX then we get responses that are
non responsive to MX, just putting him down. He may deserve it, but now
instead of 1 post, we get X posts where X is the number of people
responding. Like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say
anything.

Agreed. I also suspect that his behavior is
pathological rather than intentional. As such,
engaging him in an argument may just cause the
condition to feed on itself.
Old April 27th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
K Baum

I agree completely. I have stopped reading threads not because of one
poster, but because the need of a few others to keep trading insults.
I suspect a number of people on these groups are more interested in
taking out their frustrations on others than aviation. We need a group
just for people who want to belittle others.

ArtP, boy did you ever hit the nail on the head. Some of the people on
this list do not demonstrate the mental capacity to ride a bike, let
alone operate an aircraft. The last part of your post reminds me of a
joke. Q. How can you tell the pilot at a party? A. Easy, he will tell
you. This is the problem with these aviation lists, the desparate need
for some people to show everyone how much they know. I mostly lurk
here as much for the " Jerry Springer" aspect as much as the aviation
commentary.

Old April 27th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

ArtP wrote in
:

I agree completely. I have stopped reading threads not because of one
poster, but because the need of a few others to keep trading insults.
I suspect a number of people on these groups are more interested in
taking out their frustrations on others than aviation. We need a group
just for people who want to belittle others.

rec.aviation.seewhosgotabiggerpenis

Old April 27th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Ross" wrote in message
Not only do we have contributions from MX then we get responses that are
non responsive to MX, just putting him down. He may deserve it, but now
instead of 1 post, we get X posts where X is the number of people
responding. Like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice, don't say
anything.

My two cents... Have a good weekned
--

Don't forget the posts from people complaining about people complaining
about MX, and the posts about people complaining about people complaining

:-)

Other than that, I agree. Except to wish you a happy weekend to go with your
weekned. :-)
(It wouldn't be usenet without someone complaining about grammer and/or
spelling, eh?)

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old April 29th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

How about this- Asks specific questions about flying 747's, demonstrates
reasonable knowledge and thought about CBW and dirty bombs, is disgruntled,
an outcast, and socially isolated -unable to succeed in his own country, now
ekes out an existence in a foreign country.

Thinks he alone is the only one who has the right answers and knowledge
about subjects on which he has absolutely no experience- is paranoid and
believes everyone else is out to get him.

Does this raise any red flags with anyone?

Old April 29th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

How about this- Asks specific questions about flying 747's, demonstrates
reasonable knowledge and thought about CBW and dirty bombs, is
disgruntled, an outcast, and socially isolated -unable to succeed in his
own country, now ekes out an existence in a foreign country.

Thinks he alone is the only one who has the right answers and knowledge
about subjects on which he has absolutely no experience- is paranoid and
believes everyone else is out to get him.

Does this raise any red flags with anyone?

You know, I had never looked at him in any other way than being a
hemorrhoid, but now that you mention it, he does seem like the ideal
candidate for a good long interview with the FBI, or Dept. of Homeland
Security.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 29th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

ArtP wrote in
:

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:41:32 -0500, Ross wrote:

Not only do we have contributions from MX then we get responses that

are
non responsive to MX, just putting him down. He may deserve it, but

now
instead of 1 post, we get X posts where X is the number of people
responding. Like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice, don't

say
anything.

My two cents... Have a good weekned

I agree completely. I have stopped reading threads not because of one
poster, but because the need of a few others to keep trading insults.
I suspect a number of people on these groups are more interested in
taking out their frustrations on others than aviation. We need a group
just for people who want to belittle others.

Plenty of those around!

You really need to invest in a good kilfile...

Bertie
Old April 29th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

From: "Viperdoc"

How about this- Asks specific questions about flying 747's,
demonstrates reasonable knowledge and thought about CBW and dirty
bombs, is disgruntled, an outcast, and socially isolated -unable to
succeed in his own country, now ekes out an existence in a foreign
country.

Thinks he alone is the only one who has the right answers and
knowledge about subjects on which he has absolutely no experience- is
paranoid and believes everyone else is out to get him.

Does this raise any red flags with anyone?

Interesting!
Put a few more pieces together:

Anti-American attitude Especially hates us "wealthy" Americans.

Asks questions about:
Flying into restricted areas
Deviation from IFR flight plans
How to tell when you're exactly over a point
Gps reliability listed in NOTAMs
Which is easier to fly, Boeing or Airbus
Flying into Aspen (lots of rich & famous Americans there)
Are flight engineers able to fly a plane
Who flys an airliner at any given time and what does the non-flying
pilot do at that time Deviating from ATC "descent schedule"

It does sound rather suspicious.
Maybe someone should mention this to US &French Authorities.

Not to mention an extremely large arabic population in france!

Shudder.

Consider it done.

Bertie