Even Less Gloom?

Old June 28th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
K Baum

Default Even Less Gloom?

On Jun 27, 10:49 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Shall we go back to your guesses about my desires, my jealosies, or my
posting history (I think you're confusing me with Matt Whiting)? Why? Seeing
that you're apparently nothing but a typical union thug, who should I
bother?

Matt, why do you post a response and say why should I bother ?????? It
seems your main desire is to flame and bait people on this list (Much
like that MX individual). Should we call you MXMatt ? . An
unfortunate side effect of your posts is that it shows a Grand Canyon
between what you think you know about flying and what you actually
understand. I cant say for sure what you are jealous of but you have a
real hard on for those who have worked the past 75 years to make your
flying safer.

Pompous, union thug, I should note!

MxMatt, Ive been called alot of things, but never this! You are
clever.

{plonk}

plonk yourself you zainy rascal !!

Oh, yes; FoS, as well.

And a Fos, you FoWgiE to you to.

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.

???????????

Old July 1st 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Default POL corporate welfare

When did AmTrak become a private enterprise?

It didn't. I was mistaken. I thought it was a government entity taken
private, but it was more like the other way around (but not quite).

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old July 1st 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Jose posted:

When did AmTrak become a private enterprise?

It didn't. I was mistaken. I thought it was a government entity
taken private, but it was more like the other way around (but not
quite).

In that light, I still recommend that you take advantage of a public
service provided for the common good. It is a very educational experience.

Neil

Old July 5th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:35:24 GMT, "Neil Gould"
wrote:

Recently, Jose posted:

When did AmTrak become a private enterprise?

It didn't. I was mistaken. I thought it was a government entity
taken private, but it was more like the other way around (but not
quite).

In that light, I still recommend that you take advantage of a public
service provided for the common good. It is a very educational experience.

Experience is said to be the best teacher, other than that it
eventually kills all of its students.

Yeah, going anywhere over 50 miles by Amtrak is going to be VERY
educational.

Don

Old July 5th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Don Tabor posted:

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:35:24 GMT, "Neil Gould"
wrote:

Recently, Jose posted:

When did AmTrak become a private enterprise?

It didn't. I was mistaken. I thought it was a government entity
taken private, but it was more like the other way around (but not
quite).

In that light, I still recommend that you take advantage of a public
service provided for the common good. It is a very educational
experience.

Experience is said to be the best teacher, other than that it
eventually kills all of its students.

No one gets out of life alive. ;-)

Yeah, going anywhere over 50 miles by Amtrak is going to be VERY
educational.

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Neil

Old July 5th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:50:59 GMT, "Neil Gould"
wrote:

Yeah, going anywhere over 50 miles by Amtrak is going to be VERY
educational.

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Neil

Really?

Having traveled once from Richmond, VA to New Orleans by Amtrak, I'd
rather drive than do it again. I would have saved 18 hours each way
even if I stopped for 8 hours sleep.

It was only about $50 cheaper than flying round trip and used up 3
days of vacation.

Faster trains wouldn't have helped because the train had to stop at
every town with a Post Office.

Never Again!

Don

Old July 5th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
et...

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

I recently went in for a colonoscopy, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

/sarcasm

Old July 5th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, El Maximo posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it.
It's a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

I recently went in for a colonoscopy, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Mine is scheduled next month (after my next airline trip). I'll probably
agree with your comparison, as well.

/sarcasm

Neil

Old July 5th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Don Tabor posted:

wrote:

Yeah, going anywhere over 50 miles by Amtrak is going to be VERY
educational.

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it.
It's a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Really?

Having traveled once from Richmond, VA to New Orleans by Amtrak, I'd
rather drive than do it again. I would have saved 18 hours each way
even if I stopped for 8 hours sleep.

There are faster ways to go anywhere than to travel by train (or by ship).
Kinda misses the point of the experience, though.

Neil

Old July 5th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"El Maximo" wrote:

airline.

I recently went in for a colonoscopy, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Just had mine & agree completely, no sarcasm intended.

At least I was unconscious during the most painful and humiliating parts of
the experience, which is better than I can say about my last airline flight.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Gloom Jay Honeck Piloting 194 July 7th 07 05:12 AM
Less Gloom Jay Honeck Piloting 28 June 23rd 07 01:17 AM