Rotax 582 Tach Problem

Old July 31st 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Rotax 582 Tach Problem

I've got about 200 hours on my Rotax 582 engine and was flying one day
when the tach quit. I bought a new Westach tach and installed it.
When I started the engine the tach seemed to work just fine but then
after a couple of minutes it quit. Thinking that I had a defective new
tach I sent it back and got a new one. I installed the new one and the
same problem. During the whole time the engine is running fine, I just
don't have the tach working. Has anyone else had this problem? If so
what was the solution? Thanks in advance for any help.

George

Old August 2nd 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

We had met your situation. The problem is your voltage higher. If you
have a higher voltage, the gauge begin working for a while normally,
then it will be burned down. Please check your aircraft's voltage,
power supply system, adjust your voltage lower.
Please check it whether the problem is.

Luo
Mingda aircraft instruments
http://www.ming-da.com

写道:

Old August 3rd 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Luo, thank you for the reply. I have just installed a new battery
(before tach problem began). It is still a 12 volt battery but has
more cranking amps than the previous battery. I do see on the volt
meter that when the engine is running that the volts are at 15 volts.
I can lower the volts by turning the nav lights and strobs on but I
have not noticed that they affect the tach. I found an old Rotax AD
that says that there is a 1K Resistor that fails in the dukati
generator and that is what fails the tach. Have you heard of this
problem relating to the tach problem? Thanks again.

George

Old August 3rd 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Our engineer analysed your situation. They think there are higher
voltage or current in your power supply. Please adjust voltage and
current.
Second reason, please measure resistance in your engine. If it damaged,
it can affect your voltage and currenct.

Luo

写道:

Old August 3rd 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
karel

wrote in message
ups.com...
Luo, thank you for the reply. I have just installed a new battery
(before tach problem began). It is still a 12 volt battery but has
more cranking amps than the previous battery. I do see on the volt
meter that when the engine is running that the volts are at 15 volts.

this is not normal. 15 volts is really too much,
you will fry more things than tachometers.
check the alternator/regulator

and check your voltmeter

Transmittion Noise - High Power Settings Paul Smedshammer Owning 6 August 20th 05 06:17 PM
Wayward Tach O. Sami Saydjari Owning 7 February 6th 04 02:27 AM
Tach Vs. Hobbs Time John Roncallo Owning 33 January 7th 04 01:42 AM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Home Built 78 December 3rd 03 10:10 PM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Owning 77 December 3rd 03 10:10 PM