Whether does Pilot accept miniature aircarft instruments

Old November 15th 07, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Whether does Pilot accept miniature aircarft instruments

We always sell 3 1/8" mechancial instruments, such as ALT, ASI, VSI,
GYRO in global market. With global homebuilt/experimental aircrafts,
there are one third aircrafts which installed our instruments.
We want to know whether pilots like 2" or 2 1/4" ALT, ASI, VSI. They
are very important for us to develope miniature mechanical aircaft
instruments.

Thanks in advance.

Luo
http://www.ming-da.com
Old November 16th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On 11ÔÂ16ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç8ʱ00·Ö, Ernest Christley wrote:
wrote:
We always sell 3 1/8" mechancial instruments, such as ALT, ASI, VSI,
GYRO in global market. With global homebuilt/experimental aircrafts,
there are one third aircrafts which installed our instruments.
We want to know whether pilots like 2" or 2 1/4" ALT, ASI, VSI. They
are very important for us to develope miniature mechanical aircaft
instruments.

Thanks in advance.

Luo
http://www.ming-da.com

I'm comfortable with a miniature VSI, but I prefer the standard 3 1/8"
for ALT and ASI. I tend to want to know the exact number for the large
instruments, but I'm just grabbing a quick trend from the VSI. I'm just
happy to keep it pointing left, for the most part.

Thank you so much.
Old November 16th 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On 11ÔÂ16ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç2ʱ59·Ö, Richard Riley wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:00:46 -0500, Ernest Christley

We always sell 3 1/8" mechancial instruments, such as ALT, ASI, VSI,
GYRO in global market. With global homebuilt/experimental aircrafts,
there are one third aircrafts which installed our instruments.
We want to know whether pilots like 2" or 2 1/4" ALT, ASI, VSI. They
are very important for us to develope miniature mechanical aircaft
instruments.

Thanks in advance.

Luo
http://www.ming-da.com

I'm comfortable with a miniature VSI, but I prefer the standard 3 1/8"
for ALT and ASI. I tend to want to know the exact number for the large
instruments, but I'm just grabbing a quick trend from the VSI. I'm just
happy to keep it pointing left, for the most part.

I think there is a growing market for 2 1/4 inch instruments, as
backups to glass displays.

It would be nice to have a small CDI/Glideslope. Becker made them for
a short period. - Òþ²Ø±»ÒýÓÃÎÄ×Ö -

- ÏÔʾÒýÓõÄÎÄ×Ö -

Thank you so much. I had read your Email.
Old November 19th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rpellicciotti

On Nov 15, 3:09 am, wrote:
We always sell 3 1/8" mechancial instruments, such as ALT, ASI, VSI,
GYRO in global market. With global homebuilt/experimental aircrafts,
there are one third aircrafts which installed our instruments.
We want to know whether pilots like 2" or 2 1/4" ALT, ASI, VSI. They
are very important for us to develope miniature mechanical aircaft
instruments.

Thanks in advance.

Luohttp://www.ming-da.com

I think there is a market for 2 1/4" instruments to serve as a backup
to electronic flight displays. That said, I have purchased a couple
of gyro instruments that were manufactured in China and they were
completely unacceptable. They did not function very well out of the
box and both failed in less than 200 hours of use. Warranty support
was practically non-existent. I replaced them with US made units that
have worked flawlessly.

I realize that there is a fine line between keeping the cost down and
building a high-quality, reliable instrument. I think that you will
find the US market appreciates quality and reliability and will pay
extra for it. I am in the market for a 2 1/4", 3-pointer, sensitive
altimeter with baro set window right now.

Regards,

Rick Pellicciotti
Belle Aire Aviation, Inc.
http://www.belleaireaviation.com