------------- And now for something completely different... (Read the Zero file) - File 1 of 1 - B-52_Stratofortress.rar (000/248)

Old April 17th 09, 04:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Default ------------- And now for something completely different... (Read the Zero file) - File 1 of 1 - B-52_Stratofortress.rar (000/248)

This post is about 85mb. It is a book. It is in pdf format. There are no
sneaky little bugs hiding in it.

I post this 'cause it's a GOOD book. *Lots* of tech stuff, lots of history,
tail numbers, named birds, all the auger-jobs and around 200 hundred
pictures - color and B/W.

Some may have this book. I'd guess most don't.

For those who can't handle RAR files, let me know and I (or someone else if
I'm away for a while) can walk you through the EASY steps. Most of you may
already have all the software you need to unarchive it and not know it.
As for the reader, does anyone *not* have Adobe Acrobat?

No flames please. It *is* a binary file. It has LOTS of photos. It *is*
about an aircraft. And for the resident site pest, I'm not making any money
off this book, so it isn't "SPAM!"

Again, it is a *good* book.

Tony Thornborough, Peter E. Davies - Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Crowood Press | 1998 | ISBN: 1861261136 | 176 pages | PDF | 84.89 MB
Old April 18th 09, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steve Vernon

"Lee" wrote in message
6.95...
[...]

i agree with all you say, but don't we have alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation
for posts such as these?

Old April 18th 09, 06:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"Steve Vernon" wrote in
:

i agree with all you say, but don't we have
alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation for posts such as these?

It is not a multimedia file. It is a book.

Out of the eighty-five thousand-odd groups carried by my service do the
words "aviation" and "books" appear in any newsgroup name. So, posting this
anywhere in usenet is going to be a violation of some arbitrary "Do Not"
rule.

The closet applicable group is this one (binaries? Check. pictures? Check.
aviation? Check), where I believe some might actually appreciate knowing
about nearly every detail of the Buff livery.
Old April 18th 09, 06:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Lee" wrote

It is not a multimedia file. It is a book.

Out of the eighty-five thousand-odd groups carried by my service do the
words "aviation" and "books" appear in any newsgroup name. So, posting
this
anywhere in usenet is going to be a violation of some arbitrary "Do Not"
rule.

How about giving a blow by blow about how to read the files with Microsoft
OE, using what free program (totally free, not trial, not pay by using an
advertisers product.

I am fairly smart with a computer, but I could not figure it out in a
reasonable period of time, and gave up. I gotta think there is a better
way.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 18th 09, 07:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Lee" wrote in message
. 91...
"Steve Vernon" wrote in
:

i agree with all you say, but don't we have
alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation for posts such as these?

It is not a multimedia file. It is a book.

Out of the eighty-five thousand-odd groups carried by my service do the
words "aviation" and "books" appear in any newsgroup name. So, posting
this
anywhere in usenet is going to be a violation of some arbitrary "Do Not"
rule.

The closet applicable group is this one (binaries? Check. pictures? Check.
aviation? Check), where I believe some might actually appreciate knowing
about nearly every detail of the Buff livery.

Certainly is a worthwhile reference book, thanks for posting it.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old April 18th 09, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Waldo.Pepper[_2_]

How about giving a blow by blow about how to read the files with Microsoft
OE, using what free program (totally free, not trial, not pay by using an
advertisers product.

I am fairly smart with a computer, but I could not figure it out in a
reasonable period of time, and gave up. I gotta think there is a better
way.

Done.

I wrote this some years ago. Will it do?

http://rapidshare.com/files/22273461...ckpar.pdf.html

Waldo.

Old April 18th 09, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
S.B.[_2_]

Lee wrote:

It is not a multimedia file. It is a book.

Out of the eighty-five thousand-odd groups carried by my service do the
words "aviation" and "books" appear in any newsgroup name. So, posting this
anywhere in usenet is going to be a violation of some arbitrary "Do Not"
rule.

The closet applicable group is this one (binaries? Check. pictures? Check.
aviation? Check), where I believe some might actually appreciate knowing
about nearly every detail of the Buff livery.

alt.binaries.e-book.technical might have been an appropriate place.
Many similar aviation books in .pdf format have been posted there.
Nevertheless, thank you for a most interesting book.
Old April 18th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default ------------- And now for something completely different... (Read the Zero file) - File 1 of 1 - B-52_Stratofortress.rar

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 04:19:35 -0400, Waldo.Pepper wrote
(in article ):

How about giving a blow by blow about how to read the files with Microsoft
OE, using what free program (totally free, not trial, not pay by using an
advertisers product.

I am fairly smart with a computer, but I could not figure it out in a
reasonable period of time, and gave up. I gotta think there is a better
way.

Done.

I wrote this some years ago. Will it do?

http://rapidshare.com/files/22273461...for_Outlook_Ex

press_and_Quickpar.pdf.html

Waldo.

Nice tutorial. It still doesn't take the pain out of using MSOE for something
it was never designed to do, but it _does_ show how to do it...

Old April 18th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 01:32:38 -0400, Morgans wrote
(in article ):

"Lee" wrote

It is not a multimedia file. It is a book.

Out of the eighty-five thousand-odd groups carried by my service do the
words "aviation" and "books" appear in any newsgroup name. So, posting
this
anywhere in usenet is going to be a violation of some arbitrary "Do Not"
rule.

How about giving a blow by blow about how to read the files with Microsoft
OE, using what free program (totally free, not trial, not pay by using an
advertisers product.

Get Forte Free Agent on Windows or MT-NewsWatcher on Mac. Both are free. Both
are real newsreaders. MSOE is not a real newsreader.

I am fairly smart with a computer, but I could not figure it out in a
reasonable period of time, and gave up. I gotta think there is a better
way.

The file in question comes in 248 parts. To access it in MSOE you'd have to
select all 248 parts, download them, combine them in some way, and then
decode them with one the myriad free .RAR decoders. (I usually use QuickPAR
on Windows or MaccPAR Deluxe on Macs)

Note that if you use a real newsreader, such as Free Agent or MT-NW, you can
download all 248 parts with one click. If you insist on using MSOE, you're
going to be working too hard when you try to download multi-segment binary
posts. This is because MSOE was not designed to be a real newsreader and you
are trying to use it for activities which are beyond its specs. You can waste
time using MSOE, or you can ignore large binaries, or you can get a real
newsreader. Pick one. It's up to you.

Old April 18th 09, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
G Paleologopoulos

Default And now for something completely different...

"hielan' laddie" wrote

The file in question comes in 248 parts. To access it in MSOE you'd have
select all 248 parts, download them, combine them in some way, and then
decode them with one the myriad free .RAR decoders. (I usually use
QuickPAR
on Windows or MaccPAR Deluxe on Macs)

Note that if you use a real newsreader, such as Free Agent or MT-NW, you
can
download all 248 parts with one click. If you insist on using MSOE, you're
going to be working too hard when you try to download multi-segment binary
posts. This is because MSOE was not designed to be a real newsreader and
you
are trying to use it for activities which are beyond its specs. You can
waste
time using MSOE, or you can ignore large binaries, or you can get a real
newsreader. Pick one. It's up to you.

Or all this surreal druggery can be bypassed by simly plonking down a URL
for people to click on and get the file.