STOL Cub

Old February 7th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default STOL Cub

For those interested in an experimental Cub with leading edge slats look
at this short report. I've seen this plane fly up close and it has to
be seen to be believed.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/m/mul.../airplane.html
Old February 7th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 6, 9:00*pm, Newps wrote:
For those interested in an experimental Cub with leading edge slats look
at this short report. *I've seen this plane fly up close and it has to
be seen to be believed.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/m/mul.../airplane.html

Must top out at 40mph.

-Robert
Old February 9th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 7, 12:00*am, Newps wrote:
For those interested in an experimental Cub with leading edge slats look
at this short report. *I've seen this plane fly up close and it has to
be seen to be believed.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/m/mul.../airplane.html

Very interesting. I wonder how it's performance and price compares
with the Zenith 701.

Wil

Old February 9th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Isaksen

"Bill Watson" wrote in message ...
So, is there a video ? - no luck on youtube (yet)

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...1228092926.flv

Old February 9th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in message news:wBqrj.48$YJ4.31@trndny01...

"Bill Watson" wrote in message ...
So, is there a video ? - no luck on youtube (yet)

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...1228092926.flv

Looks like it could use more horsepower, but that is a short landing (to say the least!)...

Explains why the Storch has such ungainly landing gear...

Old February 9th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in message

"Bill Watson" wrote in message ...
So, is there a video ? - no luck on youtube (yet)

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...1228092926.flv

Unreal, especially the landing!

It looks like he would get better short take-off, if he got gear legs a
little taller. That looks like the only thing limiting how soon he can pull
up.

I was impressed with the slow steep turn, too. When he started, I was
sitting here saying, "oh no, he's not going to...... Oh Yes, HE IS ! ! ! "

Wow, I thought surely that turn was going to end in a very bad pile of
aluminum.

Impressive.

Anyone know about what cruise speeds he sees?
--
Jim in NC

Old February 10th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
William Hung[_2_]

William Hung wrote:
On Feb 7, 12:00 am, Newps wrote:
For those interested in an experimental Cub with leading edge slats look
at this short report. *I've seen this plane fly up close and it has to
be seen to be believed.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/m/mul.../airplane.html

Very interesting. *I wonder how it's performance and price compares
with the Zenith 701.

Wil- Hide quoted text -

I just saw the video posted by Mike I, thanks Mike. I'm very
impressed. It is a much better looking plane than the 701, but
costing several times as much will be the deciding factor for me.

Wil
Old February 11th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Isaksen

"William Hung" wrote in message ...
I just saw the video posted .... thanks Mike.

My credit is limited, I just found the video for Newp's still photos.
Heck... I fly the East Coast where the typical wilderness signs say "Don't
walk on grass", so to me that Riverbed landing stuff is just as fake as the
Moon landings.
;-)

Serious STOL fun [email protected] Piloting 59 February 5th 08 02:46 AM
Zenith STOL 801 R.W. Behan Home Built 2 May 24th 06 02:34 PM
BD-4. wings on a V-6 STOL? Jim Rodgers Home Built 5 August 31st 05 09:59 PM
WTB Cessna 150/150 STOL brewmaster1 Aviation Marketplace 0 March 21st 05 02:30 AM
206 STOL DeltaDeltaDelta Piloting 11 December 20th 03 09:39 PM