Airplanes and Tax--anyone have specific experience

Old July 30th 03, 03:23 PM
epsalant

Default Airplanes and Tax--anyone have specific experience

The plane is hangared in NJ, I'm a NY resident.

Evan

Ron Rosenfeld wrote in message . ..
On 28 Jul 2003 05:43:09 -0700, (epsalant) wrote:

I am thinking about buying a new plane and using it for business. I
have been advised to use advocate tax (
www.advocatetax.com) a group of
CPAs serving the aviation community and am wondering if anyone who has
used them can give some feedback as to how good a job they did or did
not do. Are they worth their fees? Any other feedback? Anyone get
audited using their services? Did they help?

Thanks.

They *may* be more knowledgeable -- I have no direct experience. But when
I was leasing my aircraft to my business, I found my regular CPA to be
knowledgeable about the issues, and I was never audited on that (or any
other issues).

Where are you located?

Old July 30th 03, 06:32 PM
Mike Rapoport

I don't know about this group but AOPA has a tax guide that may be of
interest to you.

Mike
MU-2

om...

Old July 31st 03, 12:18 AM
Rosspilot

The plane is hangared in NJ, I'm a NY resident.

Exactly my situation, too . . . (except I can't afford a hangar) G

My plane is owned by a New Jersey S Corp (I own all the stock) and my business
(a New York sole proprietorship) leases the plane from my Corp. I have an
excellent accountant, and he seems to work things out to my best advantage.

www.Rosspilot.com