Naviter Oudie 3

Old August 17th 13, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Naviter Oudie 3

Hi,

I have finished updating my Naviter web page with many details and options
for the Oudie 3.

The Oudie 3 is a Personal Gliding Assistant with built-in aviation grade
GPS, 12 hour battery, audio variometer (not Total Energy compensated) and
SeeYou Mobile and ConnectMe software pre-installed. The Oudie comes
ready-to-fly with airports, airspace and maps for most of the world
pre-installed. Also included are a padded carrying case, wall charger, and
car charger. A great portable system with the Oudie 3, and glider canopy
suction cup mount is shown in the photo. The Oudie helps you navigate around
a soaring task or directly to any waypoint. Landing sites that are within
gliding range are highlighted in green on the moving map. The Oudie
calculates wind speed and direction while circling in thermals and can
display arrival altitudes at nearby airports or landing sites. The large
built-in battery makes it the ultimate portable soaring flight computer to
take with you in rental or club gliders. Over 5000 Oudie units have been
sold around the world since it was introduced a few years ago - so it is
likely you'll see several of them at your local gliderport.

Oudie Comparison Table
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...mparison_Table

Oudie 3 Example Systems
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...xample_Systems

Oudie 3 Details
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...Naviter-Oudie3

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old August 17th 13, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Richard,

Why does the 3 not come with the suction cup mount as the Oudie 2 does?

Sean

Old August 17th 13, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Sean,

The Oudie 3 was designed for use by paraglider pilots. That is why the
suction cup mount is not included. They don't have a use for it. However,
the suction cup mount is available as an option.

I have never been a fan of the suction cup that is supplied with the Oudie.
Like all suction cup mounts that have a clamping action, it can pull a very
strong vacuum, which pulls the canopy into the shape of the inside of the
suction cup. I don't recommend doing that to a glider canopy. It probably
won't cause any immediate damage, but in the long run it could cause
internal crazing to your $5000+ glider canopy. I therefore recommend using
the RAM 4" rubber suction cups. They work great and don't deform the
canopy. I have added 4 different Oudie mounting arm kits to my Naviter web
page he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...nt-RAM-Arm-Std

I also stock and sell the Oudie cradles and a nice adapter that can be used
to mount them to a RAM arm or RAM-GN3-238 gooseneck adapter he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...Cradle-Richter

Although the Oudie 3 does not include a cradle or suction cup mount, they do
include a nice protective case - which is an extra cost option with the
Oudie 2.

The other difference in regard to included accessories is that the Oudie 2
comes with the Oudie Cable Kit but the Oudie 3 does not. The reasoning is
that the Oudie 3 does not necessarily need to be powered externally in
flight since the battery lasts more than 12 hours. The Oudie Cable Kit is
available as an option if you want it for connection to a soaring flight
computer or vario or logger. It works great with the Oudie 3.

You can see the differences between the Oudie 2 and Oudie 3 (including a
list of options) in my Oudie comparison table he

Old August 18th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Thanks Paul! Thorough as always!

Naviter Oudie 3 Richard[_9_] Soaring 19 November 21st 16 12:50 AM
Oudie Naviter for sale John Sullivan Soaring 7 January 30th 12 05:04 AM
Oudie Naviter for sale John Sullivan Soaring 1 January 28th 12 09:53 PM
Oudie Naviter for sale John Sullivan Soaring 0 January 28th 12 04:35 AM
FS: Naviter Oudie Jonathan Hughes Soaring 2 May 26th 11 06:55 PM