Sea Wings pin?

Old September 8th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Sea Wings pin?

I just got my phase 1 sea wings in the mail. It doesn't seem to have
anything specific to sea on it. Its just two big wings with a globe in
the middle. I thought it was suppose to have an anchor on it or
something? The certificate they sent me says "Sea Wings".

-Robert

Old September 8th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
oups.com:

I just got my phase 1 sea wings in the mail. It doesn't seem to
have anything specific to sea on it. Its just two big wings with a
globe in the middle. I thought it was suppose to have an anchor on
it or something? The certificate they sent me says "Sea Wings".

I think they sent you the wrong pin. See
http://www.seaplanes.org/training/seawings.htm

Old September 8th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

John Godwin wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
oups.com:

I just got my phase 1 sea wings in the mail. It doesn't seem to
have anything specific to sea on it. Its just two big wings with a
globe in the middle. I thought it was suppose to have an anchor on
it or something? The certificate they sent me says "Sea Wings".

I think they sent you the wrong pin. See
http://www.seaplanes.org/training/seawings.htm

Yea, mine doesn't have an anchor. Now the $64,000 question, who would I
contact??

-Robert

Old September 8th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The local FSDO.

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

| John Godwin wrote:
| "Robert M. Gary" wrote in

oups.com:

Old September 8th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Jim Macklin wrote:
The local FSDO.

I just tried this. The menu system sent me to the FAA's 866 national
number and got me a "pilot certificate examiner". The guy who answered
the phone was classic gov't non-helpful. He said he didn't know
anything about the Wings program. He didn't offer to find someone or
point me anywhere, just "I don't who runs that program". Maybe we need
to outsource those guys to India. I'm going to just try to send the
whole lot back to the return address on the envelop.

-Robert

Old September 8th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xxx

That reminds me that I haven't received mine at all yet, neither the
right (sea) wings nor the wrong (regular) wings. It's been six weeks
since I sent it in. Should it take that long? I also did sea wings at
Norcal and sent the paperwork in to the Van Nuys FSDO.

Old September 8th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Staff is limited, but every FSDO has a webpage with email
contact info. Ask.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/

oups.com...

Old September 9th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Norcal Aviation is the best place to do the Sea Wings! I love flying
with Terry! Mine took about 3 weeks from Sacramento FSDO.

Old September 9th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

xxx wrote:
That reminds me that I haven't received mine at all yet, neither the
right (sea) wings nor the wrong (regular) wings. It's been six weeks
since I sent it in. Should it take that long? I also did sea wings at
Norcal and sent the paperwork in to the Van Nuys FSDO.

Sometimes we like to complain about FAA and FSDO offices (and upon rare
occassion, justifiably), but my personal experience hasn't been
negative.

I once dropped off my supposedly completed Wings card at the FSDO at
San Antonio, TX. The problem was, I forgot to fill out the other side
with some rather important stuff, such as my name and address. There
was nothing on the card to indicate who I was!!!! The FSDO officer was
about to toss it, but he recognized the instructor's signature, who was
also a CAP pilot. He called the instructor and asked if he'd signed a
Wings card for some clown who might forget to put his name on it. I
was a prime suspect. I received a phone call, and went to the office
to fill out the card and get the Wings.

It's been a while, and I can't remember the names, but thanks to you
both. I've now completed Phase 7. It's only taken a couple or three
weeks to get the pins in the mail, from two different offices.