Avionic trailer wheel needed

Old December 2nd 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
qflyer1

Default Avionic trailer wheel needed

Hi all,

I need a wheel rim for an Avionic trailer: German, 5 lug, 15"
I'm not getting any response from Poland.

Anyone know where to find one? New or used.

Cheers,
Tim Larsen
1FL

Old December 2nd 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Lenox

What's the hole pattern? I bought new aluminium wheels for my Komet
trailer from the local tire shop. They had to order them, but it only took
a couple of days.

Mark

ups.com...

Old December 2nd 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

OK, we gotta know. What happened ?
Pot-hole ? Curb ? Another vehicle ?
Gas Pump ?
Its winter, we need to hear the story...
See ya, Dave

Old December 2nd 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
qflyer1

Okay, for your rubber-necking pleasure - it was a curb. Always a load
of fun.
My partner and I are even; he nailed a culvert once, but the wheel was
repairable after that one.

Tim

Old December 2nd 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

5 lug 15" wheels should be pretty standard.......check to make sure the dish
(depth of the mounting position) is the same and you should be able to use
either an auto wheel or if the dish is shallower, a 15" 5 lug trailer
wheel....((these are different due to drum and disk brake arrangements so
not all are interchangeable.))
Komets and Cobra trailers both use 14" and 15" wheels depending on the axel
type used FYI
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old December 7th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG

qflyer1 wrote:
Hi all,

I need a wheel rim for an Avionic trailer: German, 5 lug, 15"
I'm not getting any response from Poland.

Anyone know where to find one? New or used.

Cheers,
Tim Larsen
1FL

I purchased a new Avionic trailer with our new DG-505 (which is
beautiful as made by AMS). Avionic shorted us on the wing rigging tool
and the hydraulic ramp lift pump was a used one and failed after the
third use. I contacted Avionic about 10 times for a refund and a new
hydraulic pump. They would never contact me back either. I don't know
what is wrong with them, they have an English part of their web site
but they would never reply to me on these issues. I had to buy a Cobra
wing rigging tool instead and replce the pump both at my own expense.
Maybe they don't care about the American market; a very strange way to
do business.

Eberle trailer wheel rims Bob Soaring 7 November 25th 11 05:39 PM
Q about trailer wheel bearings Ken Ward Soaring 1 September 15th 06 02:40 AM
Tail skid with wheel needed [email protected] Soaring 1 May 31st 05 07:13 PM
US source for wheel on the tongue of Cobra trailer? Mark Zivley Soaring 3 January 18th 05 03:51 AM
E2-C wheel bearings needed CaptAro Restoration 1 July 19th 03 04:32 AM