Count the errors here...

Old December 14th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default Count the errors here...

It kills me to read stuff like this. To the non-flying public, it makes
all of us GA pilots look like idiots that take unnecessary chances and
completely disregard the law. This was a non A&P certified pilot doing
all acft maintenance, aircraft's last annual 22 years ago, crash caused
apparently by fuel exhaustion (trace amount of auto fuel in tank w/o
proper STC), pilot's license suspended 10 years ago, last medical dated
10 years ago... Unreal. I guess you just can't stop some people from
flying if they really want to. That guy is lucky he walked away,
considering where he landed and having hit power lines and a rooftop.
The FAA says it doesn't enforce criminal violations? This should be an
exception. I think this kind of aggregious violation should be
prosecuted - what else could this dope have done illegally? And, he did
endanger people on the ground.

vent mode off

Here's the link:
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...20d3f49baa5&#d

Old December 15th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article . com,
"Kingfish" wrote:

[...]

rant
If someone is going to paint GA pilots as idiots because of someone
who isn't even a pilot (no valid certificate), then it doesn't matter what
we do. It's like painting medical professions as idiots because
someone without a medical license is caught practicing medicine.
/rant

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old December 15th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Bob Noel wrote:

rant
If someone is going to paint GA pilots as idiots because of someone
who isn't even a pilot (no valid certificate), then it doesn't matter what
we do. It's like painting medical professions as idiots because
someone without a medical license is caught practicing medicine.
/rant

I get your point Bob, but it's just more negative attention that we
don't need. (like Cory Lidle's crash). This guy with the Bellanca had a
cert. at some point, but that won't mean anything to John Q Public who
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

Old December 15th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Kingfish wrote:
If someone is going to paint GA pilots as idiots because of someone
who isn't even a pilot (no valid certificate), then it doesn't matter what
we do. It's like painting medical professions as idiots because
someone without a medical license is caught practicing medicine.

I get your point Bob, but it's just more negative attention that we
don't need. (like Cory Lidle's crash). This guy with the Bellanca had a
cert. at some point, but that won't mean anything to John Q Public who
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

You have certs?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old December 15th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tom

Kingfish wrote:
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

Man, I've got bad breath, can I have one of your certs?

tom

Old December 15th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I get your point Bob, but it's just more negative attention that we
don't need. (like Cory Lidle's crash). This guy with the Bellanca had a
cert. at some point, but that won't mean anything to John Q Public who
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

You have certs?

Sounds like a breath of fresh air.

Old December 15th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Kingfish writes:

This guy with the Bellanca had a
cert. at some point, but that won't mean anything to John Q Public who
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

Why would John Q Public do that? Do you think the public is too
stupid to understand the concept of a pilot's license?

Old December 15th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

Mxsmanic wrote:
Kingfish writes:

This guy with the Bellanca had a
cert. at some point, but that won't mean anything to John Q Public who
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

Why would John Q Public do that? Do you think the public is too
stupid to understand the concept of a pilot's license?

John Q. Mxmaniac seems oblivious to the powers of Google, so I'd opine
yes.

Many people are oblivious to the obvious... have you a mirror?
-----

- gpsman

Old December 15th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Kingfish" wrote)
Here's the link:
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=b4831587-6e57-4d08-bfd2-820d3f49baa5&#d

I count one: He ran out of gas.

Montblack
What?

Old December 15th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

tom wrote:
Kingfish wrote:
will probably lump him in with the rest of us with certs.

Man, I've got bad breath, can I have one of your certs?

I know. The others were talking about it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com