OLC CAMP AT MORIARTY, NM, JUNE 1 TO JUNE 15, 2014

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 14, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default OLC CAMP AT MORIARTY, NM, JUNE 1 TO JUNE 15, 2014

Ramy wrote, On 11/10/2014 12:38 PM:
You can easily imagine a scenario where a flarm equiped glider has a
mid air with non flarm glider, this is something that lawyers will
jump on right away. Think about it.

Actually, I can't imagine that. I think most people overestimate what
lawyers will do, so unless that information comes from a personal injure
lawyer that is familiar with soaring and Flarm, I'm very skeptical that
you will be exposed to greater liability when flying legally without a
device that is not required by the FAA.

I don't have insurance companies asking if I have a Flarm when I get a
quote on liability insurance, either.

I have Flarm in both my gliders, and I encourage everyone to consider
using one, particularly those flying contests and camps.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl