Cool Video

Old March 8th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Default Cool Video

Just happen to spot this in the "recently submitted" section on "Break".

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=243317
Old March 8th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good video. In the U.S. the convention is for the tow plane to peel
off to the left and for the glider to bank right after release so that
the twain shan't meet. I thought that this was a universal
arrangement, but in the video, the glider goes off to the left after
release. Does anyone know where it was filmed ?

Cheers, Charles

Old March 8th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Does anyone know where it was filmed ?

ASK-21, LN-GCJ, Drammen Flyklubb (http://www.dfk.no/) 59°45'36.83"N
9°55'3.78"E

Right over their airfield, just put the coordinates into Google Earth,
you'll recognize the place from what you see in the clip during the
first looping and during the low pass and approach/final.

Markus

Old March 8th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbus

The Drammen flight Club is the most well known club in Norway.
My personnal opinion is that the Drammen Club is even the best in
nothern Europe because they are organising the Wavecamp on a iced lake
in Vagamo.
Have a look at www.wavecamp.no ....and you will understand my
opinion.
I am the first belgian pilot who did attend to this wavecamp. It is
just ....fascinating !!! and far more cheaper than going to
Argentina !
Most of the pilot are going to the french Alps for gliding in the very
beginning of the year.

Nordic pilots from Norway, Sweden, Denemark don't care about the
French Alps because they have the wavecamp organised by Drammen Fligth
Club.
In addition, on the ice and in the evening at the hotel, there is a
lot of pilots coming from various countries. This is a real huge
opportunity to make international friends !

Wavecamp 2007 will start in a few days. Don't forget to have a look at
their web site. You will certainly not be disapointed about the
fantastic pitcures put in the gallery.

Cheers,
Bruno (www.brunomaes.com)

Old March 8th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing

It can't be universal.
If I have the ridge on my right side, I won't commit suicide just to please
the tug pilot...

ups.com...

Old March 8th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam

On Mar 8, 8:41 am, wrote:
Good video. In the U.S. the convention is for the tow plane to peel
off to the left and for the glider to bank right after release so that
the twain shan't meet. I thought that this was a universal
arrangement, but in the video, the glider goes off to the left after
release. Does anyone know where it was filmed ?

Cheers, Charles

I learned to fly in Sweden - there the convention was reversed
(sailplane peels left, towplane right). I think it is like that in all
Europe.

/Adam

Old March 8th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Alin

I learned to fly in Sweden - there the convention was reversed
(sailplane peels left, towplane right). I think it is like that in all
Europe.

/Adam

That's wrong, anyway. Perhabs it's true for the northern countries in
Europe like Sweden and Norway.

In the soaring simulator "Silent Wings", which is produced by a Norway
team, it is standard setting that the tow plane turns right. So I think
it's true for Norway at least.

Andreas
Old March 9th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J. Nieuwenhuize

On 9 mrt, 00:43, Andreas Alin
wrote:
I learned to fly in Sweden - there the convention was reversed
(sailplane peels left, towplane right). I think it is like that in all
Europe.

/Adam

That's wrong, anyway. Perhabs it's true for the northern countries in
Europe like Sweden and Norway.

In the soaring simulator "Silent Wings", which is produced by a Norway
team, it is standard setting that the tow plane turns right. So I think
it's true for Norway at least.

Andreas

As far as I know in the Netherlands, Belgium, France turning right is
common. I think the same accounts for Germany.

Old March 9th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stefan

J. Nieuwenhuize schrieb:

As far as I know in the Netherlands, Belgium, France turning right is
common. I think the same accounts for Germany.

In our club, we just continue straight ahead while the tow pilot dives
at his discretion. No big deal as we tow "high".

Cool timelapse video jimm Piloting 3 May 26th 06 05:21 AM
Cool aerobatic video in a Sukhoi SU-29. Flyingmonk Piloting 6 April 26th 06 01:45 AM
Cool Video... [email protected] Soaring 19 December 11th 05 06:33 PM
Very cool glider video! Nik Piloting 2 November 29th 05 05:44 PM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 04:03 AM