Dangers of Road Landings

Old October 31st 05, 05:24 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Dangers of Road Landings

does anyone have the video from this?

1973 Cessna 210L using the road as a runway.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2965211C
(Same link as below ...wait for it. Link still works on Halloween)

Actually, thanks to John Osterhout, we've got it now, too!

See it on our video page at:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

The specific video is:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...off_Crash.mpeg
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 31st 05, 05:59 PM
Allen

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
.. .
Montblack wrote:
("John Doe" wrote)

does anyone have the video from this?

1973 Cessna 210L using the road as a runway.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2965211C
(Same link as below ...wait for it. Link still works on Halloween)

http://www.wafb.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=565126&h1=Pilot%20Who%20Mad e%20Emergency%20Landing%20Crashes%20Plane%20on%20S econd%20Attempt&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=188533&LaunchPag eAdTag=News&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&rnd=72 883635

Anybody figure out a way to save them to disc?

It is in your "temporary internet files" directory as a 6.78 mb .dat file.
What you open it with I have no clue.

Allen

Old October 31st 05, 06:01 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Allen wrote:

Anybody figure out a way to save them to disc?

It is in your "temporary internet files" directory as a 6.78 mb .dat file.
What you open it with I have no clue.

That doesn't work though... If you play them it plays something else
(windoze media), if you move them from there they don't work at all...

Jay's is a clip of the clip, looking for the originals that had the
owner walking around and fueling it over the wing from a 5 gallon can...

Like you stated its 7 meg for the news story and 1 meg for the crash...
Old November 9th 05, 02:37 PM
Tom

Weren't we discussing road landings? It has everything to do with landing
off-airport.

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Tom wrote:

Scared the living crap outta me.

Never landed on a road again.

But that had little to do with landing on a road and more to do with not
doing a proper runway check before takeoff. Any time you land off-road,
it is smart to walk the "field" prior to takeoff. Even major airports do
periodic FOD checks on the runways.

Matt

Old November 9th 05, 10:56 PM
Matt Whiting

Tom wrote:

Scared the living crap outta me.

Never landed on a road again.

But that had little to do with landing on a road and more to do with not
doing a proper runway check before takeoff. Any time you land off-road,
it is smart to walk the "field" prior to takeoff. Even major airports do
periodic FOD checks on the runways.

Matt

No, it has everything to do with landing or taking off off-airport
INCORRECTLY.

Matt