samll plane noise

Old August 11th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven Barnes

Default samll plane noise

Troll troll troll your boat...

On an aviation theme I blew my Commercial checkride yesterday. Completely
zoned during the accuracy landings in my instructor's Bonanza. Bah. 100 feet
sounds like a lot, but not when you're trying to hit a spot that size doing
75 mph.

Time for more practice.

"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

Old August 11th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche Cohen

Did this person post the same message a few months ago?

personally, I consider this trolling.

Old August 11th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

And lawn mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws, kids on little
motor-bikes, adults on H-D with straight pipes, drunk women
arguing about their boyfriends, rap music (?) that shakes
the foundations of the houses two streets away, ice cream
trucks playing that tune.

The FAA does regulate aircraft noise as part of aircraft
certification. Perhaps you should move out of the Bat
area.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

Old August 11th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gyoung

Please, go to your nearest small airport and get to know some people
there, pilots and people in the various businesses supporting general
aviation. Learn from them about what they do and why, and about their
attitudes towards you and about what they do. Then tell us what you
learned.

TIA for being truly interested in subjects you wish to discuss.

george
Old August 11th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

Noise is only one of the issues that i have with the current state of GA.

But, times they are a changin...

Old August 11th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

Don't do that. The pilots all know there is no enforcement, and they will
retaliate by buzzing your house since you have the audacity to complain
about noise.

Here is the mentality you are fighting:
http://www.stopthenoise.org/Pilot%20Talk.htm

You need to go to the press, organize other victims, and go to the
politicians en masse. It is extremely hard to fight the FAA/AOPA cabal,
but it is possible if you are persistent and do your research.

Old August 11th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune[_1_]

by "Bob Gardner" Aug 10, 2006 at 01:50 PM

There are noise abatement regulations in effect right now where they are
warranted. Motorcycles make more noise than prop airplanes, and they are
far
more numerous and travel much nearer to people on the ground.

Bob Gardner

Daffy: Don't be deterred by the same bs, canned, nonsense. Noise
statutes exist in most communities, except for small planes.

For GA, there is no enforcement whatsoever. Go to the press, the
politicians, and ORGANIZE other victims. Get the pilots to be socially
responsible, since they don't care and think (incorrectly) that the FAA
(unenforced) regs protect them.

Check state and local statutes. You may be able to file a nuisance suit.

Old August 11th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Barney Rubble

You should move, the airplanes and airports where there before you were, so
get used to it or **** off.

Old August 11th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Barney Rubble

Yep and the answer's the same, fvck off back in your hole.
"daffy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought it was time to complain again.

Larry Dighera wrote:
On 10 Aug 2006 13:28:39 -0700, "daffy"
wrote in .com:

The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise.

Here's the answer you got to the same question last January:

From: Don Tuite
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Planes drone out MLK celebration
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:51:33 GMT

On 17 Jan 2006 10:18:20 -0800, "daffy"
wrote:

First, the city we are talking about is Newark, not Norwalk.

Second, the small plane (GA) traffic is NON-STOP, where
a new plane passes overhead every 60 seconds or so
everyday, so this plane noise was not done delibertly
during the ML King celebration.

It was hard to hear the speaker while planes flew above
the event.

Yes, the noise lasts only 20 seconds, and if only a few planes
per hour were out, it wouldn't be an issue, but the airspace
above Newark is a pilots fancy.

This complaint makes sense. Planes heading for San Carlos, Palo
Alto, Reid Hillview, Hayward, and to some extent, Oakland tend to
exit the Livermore valley via the Sunol gap. The gravel ponds at
Niles are sort of a waypoint, and Lake Elizabeth marks a step
transition in the base of the San Francisco class B, so it's
another airplane magnet. Going west or north, the reporting point
for San Carlos is the Coyote Hills, which is a little north of the
Dumbarton Bridge tollboth. Inbound Palo Alto pilots report the
Nummi plant or the salt pile, a little to the south. I'm not sure
where the Hayward reporting point is from the south, but it's got
to be right around there. A little further south and you're in San
Jose's airspace. That actually protects Milpitas because flying
east of 680 puts you out of San Jose airspace.

The result is that Newark and Fremont take it in the shorts.

I don't have a solution, but the poster is by no means talking
through his hat.

Well, I do know one thing that makes logistical sense. Move Palo
Alto GA and San Jose freight to Moffet.

Don