Cobra trailer gas spring

Old March 9th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephanie and Ed

Default Cobra trailer gas spring

I have an early 1990's vintage Cobra trailer with a front hatch. The gas
spring that holds the hatch up has deteriorated, and I'd like to replace it.
I've emailed both Cobra and the German gas spring manufacturer with no
response. I can see that the length of the gas spring is critical to the
operation of the door, but I can't tell what the correct pressure is from
any markings on the device. Does anyone know of a US source for a comparable
part and what the resistance should be?

Old March 9th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 8, 11:06 pm, "Stephanie and Ed" wrote:
I have an early 1990's vintage Cobra trailer with a front hatch. The gas
spring that holds the hatch up has deteriorated, and I'd like to replace it.
I've emailed both Cobra and the German gas spring manufacturer with no
response. I can see that the length of the gas spring is critical to the
operation of the door, but I can't tell what the correct pressure is from
any markings on the device. Does anyone know of a US source for a comparable
part and what the resistance should be?

Check out Mcmaster-Carr industrial supply. They have an application
chart for their gas struts, should give you the length and pressure
for your hatch. Ron C.

Old March 9th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Mar 9, 12:06 am, "Stephanie and Ed" wrote:
I have an early 1990's vintage Cobra trailer with a front hatch. The gas
spring that holds the hatch up has deteriorated, and I'd like to replace it.
I've emailed both Cobra and the German gas spring manufacturer with no
response. I can see that the length of the gas spring is critical to the
operation of the door, but I can't tell what the correct pressure is from
any markings on the device. Does anyone know of a US source for a comparable
part and what the resistance should be?

Had to replace the front hatch gas spring on my Komet trailer last
year. Found an exact match for a good price at International Gas
Springs.

www.internationalgassprings.com

Measure the compressed and extended lengths. Mine was 100 newtons, so
replaced it with same force. Now wish I had replaced it with 150
newtons.

Mike J.

Old March 9th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

try http://www.easyliftsprings.com/
tim

Old March 9th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
al.spi

On 9 Mrz., 08:06, "Stephanie and Ed" wrote:
I have an early 1990's vintage Cobra trailer with a front hatch. The gas
spring that holds the hatch up has deteriorated, and I'd like to replace it.
I've emailed both Cobra and the German gas spring manufacturer with no
response. I can see that the length of the gas spring is critical to the
operation of the door, but I can't tell what the correct pressure is from
any markings on the device. Does anyone know of a US source for a comparable
part and what the resistance should be?

Cobra Trailer [email protected] Soaring 22 December 7th 06 11:38 PM
Cobra trailer trim. Bob Soaring 12 July 19th 06 05:12 AM
Cobra Trailer For Sale (15 m) Albert Gold Soaring 0 October 7th 03 09:00 PM
Cobra Trailer Soaring 1 September 28th 03 01:14 PM
FS: Cobra Trailer Ed Byars Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 04:47 PM