FYI: Dec 12 MythBusters: Airplane Hour

Old December 19th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default FYI: Dec 12 MythBusters: Airplane Hour

"LWG" wrote in
:

The best MG story came from my boss. Years ago, he was a
twenty-something, Air Force type. He found himself on the Long Island
Expressway around 2:00 am, tooling down the road on a summer's night.
The top was down, and he finished a cigarette. He flicked the butt
high into the slipstream above the windshield. In a few minutes, he
noticed an odd aroma. The smell got stronger with passing time. He
looked behind him, and he saw that the tonneau cover was on fire, with
the flames being fanned by the wind. He stopped in the middle of the
LIE, trying to figure out what to do. He had nothing with him, except
a few beers which he had drunk during the course of the evening. So,
he stood up, turned around and unzipped. He put the fire out...

Excellent.

The Chinese MGs wil never be the same.

Bertie
Old December 20th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Funny thing. My old boss is an adminstrative law judge and retired some
time ago. He does get called back once in a blue moon. I happened to see
him the day after I made this post, and told him that I wrote his story on
this newsgroup. He added that he took the car into the insurance company,
and there was this big round hole in the tonneau cover, and the rest of the
back was saturated with pee. The adjuster just looked at him, shook his
head and wrote him a check.

This guy went through flight training in the Air Force. He wanted to be
selected for fighters, but was sent to transports. He didn't want that, and
arranged to get discharged in Europe. He bought a Vespa scooter, and spent
months touring the "country" side. He could *tell* some stories-- the Swiss
maids, the countess and her daughter on the train from Dusselldorf-- it was
incredible. Later I learned some things from other sources which convinced
me that every steamy, letters-to-Penthouse word of it was true. He was the
Dudley Henriques of p***y.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"LWG" wrote in
:

Old December 21st 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Yeah, I was jealous as hell. When we would sit in his office, we could
always tell when there was a great story coming up. He had a picture of his
lovely wife on the credenza behind his desk. He would place it face down
before starting with the story, so she wasn't "looking" at him.

The best semi-printable story was when he was invited to the Playboy
mansion. He wound up in the grotto, looked up and saw these big silver
half-spheres at the top. It got to be about 1 am and the grotto cleared
out. The only other person there was a pretty young thing. He "dove right
in" on the walkway beside the pool, underneath those large silver cicles.
After they were done, he went up to the bar, which was full. He noticed
that all the women and some of the men were nodding at him approvingly. He
couldn't figure it out, since he was essentially crashing this party. That
is-- until he made it to the actual bar counter to get a drink. Behind the
bar, but low, were large plastic half spheres looking down into the grotto.
The light made it look like they were mirrors -- but only from the grotto.
From the bar, however, the view was crystal clear.

Old December 21st 07, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Dec 21, 1:47*am, "LWG" wrote:
[...]

From the bar, however, the view was crystal clear.

Now I want to kill him!

Bertie

Mythbusters Episode and FMS Marco Leon Piloting 19 February 13th 07 05:45 AM
..and another hour... hellothere.adelphia.net Rotorcraft 7 October 7th 04 11:26 AM
Mythbusters and explosive decompression Casey Wilson Piloting 49 July 15th 04 05:56 PM
MythBusters Hilton Piloting 7 February 4th 04 03:30 AM
Mythbusters Explosive Decompression Experiment C J Campbell Piloting 49 January 16th 04 07:12 AM