Is this the death of GA

Old March 1st 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Is this the death of GA

WingFlaps writes:

Don't you mean worst?

It depends on one's point of view.
Old March 1st 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Mar 1, 10:24*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
WingFlaps writes:
Don't you mean worst?

It depends on one's point of view.

I see your POV is confused.

Cheers
Old March 1st 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

WingFlaps writes:

Don't you mean worst?

It depends on one's point of view.

Yes, a distorted, ill informed point of view.

Bertie
Old March 1st 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

The reason lawyers make a lot of money is because being a lawyer
sucks.

No, the reason lawyers make a lot of money is that they write the
laws, and the laws are designed to protect their turf.

ANd the reason you make no money at all is because you are an idiot.

Bertie
Old March 1st 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Jay Honeck writes:

Well, he's at least partially right. Being a lawyer sucks, but
since it takes lawyers to comprehend our regulations, it's easy for
them to game the system in their favor.

It doesn't take a lawyer to understand the law, it's just illegal for
anyone but a lawyer to practice law.

No, it isn't, fjukktard.

Bertie
Old March 1st 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

writes:

You mean like only doctors being allowed to practice medicine?

Yes, exactly.

Whoosh.

bertie
Old March 1st 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
It's not just me doing it -- it's our FBO. And a dozen or more
aircraft owners on our field alone.

They would appear to be breaking the law, if you consider city code of
Iowa City "the law."

13-4-3: REFUELING AND DEFUELING AIRCRAFT:

The following general rules shall govern refueling, defueling, oil
service and sumping of aircraft and placing fuels in storage tanks or
dispensers:

A.Aircraft Not To Be Running Or In Enclosed Space: No aircraft shall be
refueled, defueled or oil serviced while aircraft engines are running,
when aircraft is being warmed by application of heat or when aircraft is
in a closed hangar or a congested or an enclosed space.

So, if I'm reading this right, having a 40-foot by 25 foot front of the
building (AKA: a bi-fold door) open (as in, the front of the building is
missing), we are not refueling in a "closed hangar, or a congested or an
enclosed space."

Thanks for clarifying this, Stella. I'm glad the statutes support our
actions.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I read it that way also. A hanger with an open bi-bold door is hardly a
closed hanger. They probably have a similar reg on fueling autos indoors. It
would certainly make sense, or the convenience stores up north would have
enclosed fueling bays.

I certainly don't agree with you on everything Jay, but I certainly do on
this one. I think this part of the thread has become a grand example of
modern conveniences lost to negative fantasies.

If we can't fuel an aircraft without the total assurance of complete safety,
then it should not be legal to fuel them in proximity of any other aircraft
or property, indoors or out. And in no way should an aircraft, with a fully
vented fuel system, be stored indoors without complete defueling.

Old March 1st 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

[...]

We could alwasy ask the fire chief.....

http://www.icgov.org/fire/index.asp

Surely he could provide th edefinitve answer..

Bertie

Oh yeah, Bertie the Snitch.
You're an ass wipe.

Old March 1st 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Maxwell" luv^2^fly^99@^cox.^net wrote in news:Gyeyj.7451$QC.2210
@newsfe20.lga:

[...]

Moi? Never.

You're an ass wipe.

Wipe

Bertie
Old March 1st 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Jay Honeck wrote:

A.Aircraft Not To Be Running Or In Enclosed Space: No aircraft shall
be refueled, defueled or oil serviced while aircraft engines are
running, when aircraft is being warmed by application of heat or when
aircraft is in a closed hangar or a congested or an enclosed space.

So, if I'm reading this right, having a 40-foot by 25 foot front of the
building (AKA: a bi-fold door) open (as in, the front of the building is
missing), we are not refueling in a "closed hangar, or a congested or an
enclosed space."

Thanks for clarifying this, Stella. I'm glad the statutes support our
actions.

You may be right, dude.
One might give a call to the fire department to get confirmation, and
just verify that's the way THEY would interpret it.

At the airport where I learned to fly, they (both management AND other
pilots and hangar lessees) frowned strongly on fueling in the hangar,
and a fellow who regularly did it ...started closing his hangar door so
they couldn't see him doing it. Not an optimum outcome, I thought.

Death? Ol Shy & Bashful Rotorcraft 10 July 9th 06 12:31 AM
The death of the A-65? Michael Horowitz Home Built 35 November 23rd 05 12:08 AM
death of GA in NY [email protected] Piloting 51 September 16th 05 11:36 PM