OSH rah/rap Party???

Old July 31st 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default OSH rah/rap Party???

Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of
hits of that and so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship was better.

BTW: That was *Richard* Riley who brought the awesome home-made apple
brandy.

Quite frankly, I had forgotten all about it, since, after passing it
around the party a few times, I had forgotten just about everything!
That stuff had some KICK -- although John O. said it wasn't even close
to the potency of that infamous "Muzzle-loader" from Pinckneyville....

Strangely, that fact didn't seem to prevent John from drinking it....I
think...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 31st 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some
home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of hits of that and so that's my
excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship
was better.

Son, that's called "Muzzleloader" and you'd better get used to it. Normally
it is peach or blackberry, but it lurks in various fruit varieties. I'd
plead "no contest with an explanation, your Honor."

BTW, I took a few pics of your chair. You were toasted in your absence.
I'll try and send the pics to Jay so maybe he can post them on his
website.

Toasted, eh? I've been toasted enough at Oshkosh that a few drinks thrown
my way would be appreciated {;-)

Jim

Old July 31st 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Jim Burns" wrote:

Thanks to all that could attend and to all that contributed to the
party. Much fun was had by all and we're looking forward to next year.

Thanks also to you and Tami, Jay, Montblack and others that helped make it happen. It was great to put
faces with some of the names, and the food was great!

We had an excellent week, departing Thursday morning and getting back to Phoenix Friday mid-day
after a night seeing relatives in Colorado.

Mike
Old July 31st 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

How did you and your family fare this morning? I saw you from the bus
as we headed around the end of 27. It was about 30 minutes later that a
bunch of us were huddled in the shower building in the warbirds area
watching the wind/rain roll through. Never did see how the camp sites
fared because we departed 36L.

It was a typical wild Oshkosh storm -- intense, but brief. When the
gust front was approaching, I shot some great pix of the wall cloud --
and then ducked in the tent.

We were all laying on the air bed, facing the windward wall, with our
feet up against the poles. Despite this "bracing", a gust collapsed
the fiberglass poles far enough that the lantern -- hanging from the
center hook of a 6-foot-tall tent -- hit me in the head while I was
laying down! It broke our neighbor's poles in half, sticking them
right through the fabric of his rain fly.

The wind was driving the rain in sideways, a phenomenon for which few
tents are designed. The inside got wet, and we ended up having to take
down in a light sprinkle.

The tent is now in the hangar, hanging up to dry -- along with a lot of
our other stuff. It was over 100 degrees here when we landed, so
everything dried pretty much instantly.

Thanks for pulling the party together.

No problem -- it was a team effort of Montblack, Jim & Tami, Mary and
me. I mostly just schmoozed and passed the apple brandy around...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 31st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Richard Riley[_1_]

RST Engineering wrote:
Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some
home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of hits of that and so that's my
excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship
was better.

Son, that's called "Muzzleloader" and you'd better get used to it. Normally
it is peach or blackberry, but it lurks in various fruit varieties. I'd
plead "no contest with an explanation, your Honor."

No, it's not. It's Falling Block. Chuck and I were going to have a
taste-off, but he got scared at the last minute and didn't show.

Old July 31st 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
John Ousterhout[_1_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
BTW: That was *Richard* Riley who brought the awesome home-made apple
brandy.

Quite frankly, I had forgotten all about it, since, after passing it
around the party a few times, I had forgotten just about everything!
That stuff had some KICK -- although John O. said it wasn't even close
to the potency of that infamous "Muzzle-loader" from Pinckneyville....

Strangely, that fact didn't seem to prevent John from drinking it....I
think...

Yep. As an experienced Muzzle-Loader drinker I just had to try to
competition. I had several shots of Richard Riley's 'Falling Block'
Rocket Fuel. I'd rate it about a 8.5 for drinkability and a 7.0 for kick.

OTOH, I rate Muzzle-Loader about 5.0 drinkability and 10.0 kick.

A head to head competition between Richard and Chuck would be a lot of
fun... and leave most participants laying on the ground.

Good Party, Good Food, Good drinks, Great Company. Thanks Jay, Mary,
Paul, Jim, Tami and everyone else that helped.

It was a damn shame I couldn't find my Wrong Brothers Hat.

- J.O.-
Old July 31st 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Rich S.[_1_]

"John Ousterhout" wrote in
message news:Wmszg.868185$084.13397@attbi_s22...

It was a damn shame I couldn't find my Wrong Brothers Hat.

It's sitting on a table at a garage sale in central Oregon.

Rich S.

Old August 1st 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"Richard Riley" wrote in message oups.com...

RST Engineering wrote:
Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some
home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of hits of that and so that's my
excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship
was better.

Son, that's called "Muzzleloader" and you'd better get used to it. Normally
it is peach or blackberry, but it lurks in various fruit varieties. I'd
plead "no contest with an explanation, your Honor."

No, it's not. It's Falling Block. Chuck and I were going to have a
taste-off, but he got scared at the last minute and didn't show.

Sorry for the name mistake Richard. I can't remember names even when I'm sober.

Joe Schneider

Old August 1st 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message ...
"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote:

I didn't even know they still made those antiques bottles!

FYI, most (all?) bottles in central Europe are this way.
Those you can screw open you can clearly see that it works this way.

When it's pitch black and I'd been drinking out of screw top bottles it wasn't obvious to me. I haven't used a
bottle opener for years and years. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Europe is still bass ackwards, even when it
comes to beer drinking.

Joe Schneider

Old August 1st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message ...
"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote:

I didn't even know they still made those antiques bottles!

FYI, most (all?) bottles in central Europe are this way.
Those you can screw open you can clearly see that it works this way.

Look Martin,
It was pitch dark and just grabbed something from the cooler. You couldn't read the labels. I'd been drinking
okay. It wasn't so obvious.

4th Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party! Jay Honeck Piloting 10 July 10th 06 04:27 AM
OSH North 40 party Jim Burns Piloting 8 August 1st 05 01:45 AM
OSH North 40 party Jim Burns Owning 5 July 29th 05 03:06 PM
3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd! Jay Honeck Piloting 25 April 21st 05 02:14 PM
Rep vs. Dem Differences Jim Weir Piloting 212 September 8th 04 04:02 PM