A/FD is online

Old October 18th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default A/FD is online

Bingo. Now you get it. I think. If I get into some kind of incident adn all
I have is copy of the pages I needed from the online AFD, will that be
regarde as having the legally regarded info or not?

Simple question. If you don't know, then don't answer.

If you do, a simple yes or no would suffice.

mikie
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
mike regish wrote:
Just wondering if it is official. You can go to weather sites with the
correct weather that are not considered official weather briefs.

mike

Considered by who. The only thing the FSS and DUAT gives you is
accountability when they come back through the crash investigation
that you got certain information. Regardless of who you call
it's incumbent on you to get all the available information.

Old October 18th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

I have IE 6 and I got my local field. Didn't go much beyond that, but it
seemed to work ok.

mike

"Allen" wrote in message
.. .

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
This is an official government site. It even says "Do not
bookmark because the address changes with updates"

I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

This is the same result I got with IE 6.0.

Allen

Old October 19th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Looks like you need to run the active X control...

"Allen" wrote in message om...
:
: "Allen" wrote in message
: om...
:
: "RST Engineering" wrote in message
: ...
: I run the current version of FIrefox also. I'm getting the same error
: that Macklin is getting. You can get to the state page, you can get to
: the airport page, but when you click on the airport to get the data, it
: does absolutely nothing. No movement, no data, the page just sits there
: and looks back at you.
:
: Try GOO in California.
:
: Jim
:
: This is the error I get with IE 6.0 SP2, same symptons as Jim:
:
: Line: 208
:
: Character: 9
:
: Error: No such interface supported
:
: Code: 0
:
:
: I did forward this to the webmaster.
:
: Allen
:
:
: Sorry Jim, this was for Todd!
:
: Allen
:
:

Old October 19th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
. ..
SNIP

Interesting. What airport is that?

--Gary

WWR

Old October 19th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message

I wouldn't rely on it too much yet. Not all airports are listed,
including my home base.

Not all airports are in the paper A/FD either. Is your home base a
public-use airport?

Yes, WWR
Joe Schneider
8437R

Old October 19th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Allen" wrote in message
.. .

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
This is an official government site. It even says "Do not
bookmark because the address changes with updates"

I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

This is the same result I got with IE 6.0.

Allen

Worked for me with IE 6.0

Old October 22nd 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Hitting the "Search" button runs javascript and the error
message you see is a js error. You may want to make sure
that you have js turned on and aren't running some type of
blocking program.

I'd like to see the entire book online as text and image (not bloated
PDF) so I can put it in my palm and take it with me everywhere. The
places I need access to the thing rarely have web access. For those
that do, there are plenty of better sources.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old October 22nd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Jose wrote:

Hitting the "Search" button runs javascript and the error
message you see is a js error. You may want to make sure
that you have js turned on and aren't running some type of
blocking program.

I'd like to see the entire book online as text and image (not bloated
PDF) so I can put it in my palm and take it with me everywhere. The
places I need access to the thing rarely have web access. For those
that do, there are plenty of better sources.

Not a problem with an iPod.