One Degree of Separation

Old July 10th 20, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default One Degree of Separation

On Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 9:22:15 PM UTC-4, Scott Liebling wrote:
Fairy tales begin "once upon a time."

A good aviation story begins with "now this ain't no ****."

NO, that's a SEA STORY, told by every sailor I have ever met.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot
Old July 10th 20, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 9:20:16 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Well...Â* Since we're talking about barfing...

When I was finally authorized to give my crew chief a ride in a T-33a, I
asked him what he wanted to see.Â* "Show me what it'll do, Sir."Â* So I
got a block from the surface to FL200 within 10 nm of the Eielson VOR
and started to show him what it would do. Everything was great until I
demonstrated vertical rolls, downward. I guess the spinning earth was
too much as I heard the tell tall sounds.Â* When he was done, I asked,
what he wanted to do next.Â* His answer:Â* "Do it again, Sir."

Three times he barfed, the last was most likely just dry heaves. But he
was grinning like an idiot when we landed.

On 7/10/2020 8:07 AM, wrote:
I have a buddy who jumped thru all the CAP hoops to get a ride in a jet trainer. He got the ejection seat lecture and strapped in. Going with Johathan's story on the first manouver, he lost his burrito. (Precise op into the barf bag.) The Pilot asked if he wanted to go home. He said, 'no, I'm empty now, let's go'. The pilot liked the kid's attitude. Really showed him what the jet could do.

When my stomach was learning to fly, I used the lesson while flying in the back seat with a hard core cross country flyer. Precise op followed by another hour of thermaling. Bucket hats are quite useful.

--
Dan, 5J

The worst that happened to me was in the backseat of a Nimbus4D. Front pilot and I in the rear seat both had our sliding windows open when the front pilot threw a ziplock bag out the window full of dark yellow pee. I don't understand the aerodynamics of that fuselage, but the entire bag came in my window and broke open when it hit my teeth.
Old July 11th 20, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Moral of the story: Don't **** off the guy in the front seat, and remember what you were taught about ****ing into the wind.