OSH rah/rap Party???

Old July 30th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default OSH rah/rap Party???

I just got back from a business meeting over by SFO and I have seen
absolutely nothing posted about the Wednesday night party in OSH. Are they
all still there? Did I just miss an entire thread? Inquiring minds want
every trivial detail.

Jim

Old July 30th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "RST Engineering" said:
I just got back from a business meeting over by SFO and I have seen
absolutely nothing posted about the Wednesday night party in OSH. Are they
all still there? Did I just miss an entire thread? Inquiring minds want
every trivial detail.

We're all still too drunk^Wtired.

I enjoyed it immensely. The food and beer was plentiful, the conversation
scintillating, and your chair was given pride of place.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is." -- Tom Holub, a.h.b-o-i
Old July 30th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

We're all still too drunk^Wtired.
I enjoyed it immensely. The food and beer was plentiful, the conversation
scintillating, and your chair was given pride of place.

Paul, how did I miss meeting you?
Were you sitting in the group with Montblack?
I had wanted to talk to you about flying the Lance.
Old July 30th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

I just got back from a business meeting over by SFO and I have seen
absolutely nothing posted about the Wednesday night party in OSH. Are they
all still there? Did I just miss an entire thread? Inquiring minds want
every trivial detail.

We are waiting for Honeck to post the official report before we post our
side of the tale.
Old July 30th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, john smith said:
We're all still too drunk^Wtired.
I enjoyed it immensely. The food and beer was plentiful, the conversation
scintillating, and your chair was given pride of place.

Paul, how did I miss meeting you?
Were you sitting in the group with Montblack?
I had wanted to talk to you about flying the Lance.

Most of the time I was talking to Montblack and/or John Ousterhout,
although I did manage to squeeze in a few short conversations with Jay
before his hosting duties called him away.

I've got bad knees, so I try to sit down as much as I can, especially
after a day walking around Oshkosh. So even at parties I tend to find a
chair and park.

I'd love to talk about the Lance, but on Wednesday I'd probably still be
crying about the muffler failure that caused me to have to drive there.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I forsee one of those "open your wallet and repeat after me,
Old July 30th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Wednesday afternoon presented us with a cold front and it's associated wind
and rain. It had us wondering if there would be much of a turn out.
Thankfully, it cleared up just as the airshow ended. I hope someone got a
picture of us sitting under multiple umbrellas chasing the directional rain.

Official count is some what hazy. At one point, while I was still cooking,
I counted 47.
Official group photo will show less than what actually attended due to
multiple comings and goings.

I'm terrible remembering names, so I'll leave the list of attendees to Jay
and others. I'm sure Jay will post a report as soon as he unwinds.

Montblack, in his big yellow Volunteer T-Shirt, deftly piloting the
"Airplane of Mini-vans" was a literal whirlwind of gate guard schmoozing
logistical gymnastics, without which nothing would have happened. I can't
imagine how many people at one end of the airport or the other owe him a
sincere debt of gratitude for his constant running and chasseing on their
behalf. I know I do, Thanks Paul. The man has a heart larger than himself.

Besides Montblack, we had several "Road Warriors" including John Osterhaut
and Paul Tomblin. Their "despite the price of gas and no matter how long it
takes me" enthusiasm was great to see.

Ron and Margy Natalie arrived with wine in hand (the good stuff), only to be
met with two ceremonial boxes of Whine in a Box. I think there are pictures
available for bribery purposes. Rumor has it that Ron is having a custom
wine cellar designed for their new home that will hold many such boxes, er
cases.

I don't know when the party ended. The gate nazis announced that they gates
would be locked at 10pm, so Tami, Nick, and I were forced to pack up the
grill and head home.

Thanks to all that could attend and to all that contributed to the party.
Much fun was had by all and we're looking forward to next year.

Jim

Old July 30th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Thanks to all that could attend and to all that contributed to the party.
Much fun was had by all and we're looking forward to next year.

We just (like, an hour ago) returned from OSH, and there will be many
photos and stories to come.

Suffice it to say that the rec.aviation party was a smashing success,
with a ton of food (thanks to Jim, Tami and Montblack), drink (thanks
to everyone) and hangar flying served in vast quantities! I believe
attendance pushed 60, this year, but no one really knows... We'll
count heads in the pictures later...

Jim, at one point we set your chair in the middle of our immense
conversational circle, and toasted your legacy as the departures roared
overhead. It was silly, and poignant -- and I'll leave it to
Montblack to explain what happened to your chairs later!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 31st 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

:
: We just (like, an hour ago) returned from OSH, and there will be many
: photos and stories to come.
:
: Suffice it to say that the rec.aviation party was a smashing success,
: with a ton of food (thanks to Jim, Tami and Montblack), drink (thanks
: to everyone) and hangar flying served in vast quantities! I believe
: attendance pushed 60, this year, but no one really knows... We'll
: count heads in the pictures later...
:
: Jim, at one point we set your chair in the middle of our immense
: conversational circle, and toasted your legacy as the departures roared
: overhead. It was silly, and poignant -- and I'll leave it to
: Montblack to explain what happened to your chairs later!
:
::-)
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993
: www.AlexisParkInn.com
: "Your Aviation Destination"
:

We, unfortunately or fortunately, were not able to make it because my daughter won tickets to see the Fly Boys premier
showing. Montblack's wheel pads worked great, btw...

Dan from Kalamazoo

Old July 31st 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Eric Bartsch

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Jay,

How did you and your family fare this morning? I saw you from the bus
as we headed around the end of 27. It was about 30 minutes later that a
bunch of us were huddled in the shower building in the warbirds area
watching the wind/rain roll through. Never did see how the camp sites
fared because we departed 36L.

Thanks for pulling the party together.

Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

Old July 31st 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
JJS

"RST Engineering" wrote in message ...
I just got back from a business meeting over by SFO and I have seen absolutely nothing posted about the Wednesday
night party in OSH. Are they all still there? Did I just miss an entire thread? Inquiring minds want every
trivial detail.

Jim

It is a big secret. If you want to know about these things you just have to show up! Just kidding Jim!

Actually since the wife and I were first timers we just kind of hung around the fringes and pretty much played like
wall flowers at the party. We did talk to Paul Tomblin, Montblack, Mary, and several others including those who
described themselves as either lurkers or semi-lurkers. I thought I was doing pretty good as far as not imbibing too
much in the alcoholic refreshments. However, as I grabbed one for the road from the cooler, I couldn't for the life
of me get the dang twist top bottle open. I tried as we walked in the dark all the way back to the tent site.
Finally the wife looked at me and said something about "I think you had to much". "Why"?, I say. "Because that's
one you need a bottle opener for". Sure 'nough! I didn't even know they still made those antiques bottles!
Somebody set me up. I plead innocent, though. Jim Riley brought some home made apple brandy. I'd had a couple of
hits of that and so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The food was great and the companionship was better.

BTW, I took a few pics of your chair. You were toasted in your absence. I'll try and send the pics to Jay so maybe
he can post them on his website.

Joe Schneider
Cherokee 8437R

4th Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party! Jay Honeck Piloting 10 July 10th 06 04:27 AM
OSH North 40 party Jim Burns Piloting 8 August 1st 05 01:45 AM
OSH North 40 party Jim Burns Owning 5 July 29th 05 03:06 PM
3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd! Jay Honeck Piloting 25 April 21st 05 02:14 PM
Rep vs. Dem Differences Jim Weir Piloting 212 September 8th 04 04:02 PM