A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2-32 landing Michigan

Old June 2nd 20, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 2-32 landing Michigan

My turns and speed at altitude are getting a lot better, but are not consistent enough yet.I have done every
Landing so far with my CFI monitoring.
Need more stick time. Working on sim (x-plane ASK 21)at home. I'm mostly in an ASK 21 for my training
Old June 2nd 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew
external usenet poster

You should try the Condor2 sim if you're using Xplane to practice basic coordination. It's worth the purchase price and, inf used properly, can reinforce what your instructor is teaching better than any other sim software available.

Good luck!

Paul A.
Old June 3rd 20, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Seems your CFI is letting you practice doing it wrong which in this glider is a very bad idea. By flight 17 you should only be flying precisely coordinated all the time. I’d suggest working on that exclusively (if necessary with another CFI) until you’ve got it down. It will make all your other flying easier and safer
Old June 3rd 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks, my CFI is not letting me do this in the pattern anymore I feel his inputs on the controls if I start to get loose,and his verbal direction.The 2-32..that was a while ago. For some reason I find the ASK easier to fly cordinated. Need more stick time.
Old June 4th 20, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Manley[_3_]
external usenet poster

Making streamlined (centered yaw string), constant airspeed, constant bank angle turns in a glider is not easy. It requires you understand what to do, when to do it, and why you're doing what you're doing. Then it takes "lots" of practice. Simulation-based filght training provides the time and opportunity needed to accumulate the level of experience required. Condor is the best glider flight simulation available and is easily the best $60 you will ever spend with respect to your glider flight training.

I highly recommend you buy it from Cumulus-Soaring, Inc.

I am available at no cost to help you get started with Condor.

Contact me: smanley at wisc dot edu
Old June 4th 20, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 4:07:35 PM UTC-4, Scott Manley wrote:
Making streamlined (centered yaw string), constant airspeed, constant bank angle turns in a glider is not easy. It requires you understand what to do, when to do it, and why you're doing what you're doing. Then it takes "lots" of practice. Simulation-based filght training provides the time and opportunity needed to accumulate the level of experience required. Condor is the best glider flight simulation available and is easily the best $60 you will ever spend with respect to your glider flight training.

I highly recommend you buy it from Cumulus-Soaring, Inc.

I am available at no cost to help you get started with Condor.

Contact me: smanley at wisc dot edu

alright, Cumulus..is'nt that Paul Remde? I'll do that. thankyou
Old June 4th 20, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Yes, he surprised me by asking for an early base leg for a mid field landing.
I turned final before getting properly aligned. He told me to get lined up with centerline immediately to which I replied getting there. I didn't make any abrupt movements and maintained speed. She was heading right where I wanted her to be.
My instructed was quiet as we touched down, then said good job. Then we discussed coordinated turns.