A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Oudie gear warning?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 31st 20, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default Oudie gear warning?

Hey all - I just acquired an original Oudie and I have noticed a gear warning in the profile setup. Not mentioned in the manual and the previous 2 owners do not know about it. I have not noticed it trying to get my attention in the pattern either. I will ask Naviter next unless youze can fill me in.
Ads
  #2  
Old March 31st 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 251
Default Oudie gear warning?

You are welcome!

I am one of many who exhorted Naviter to add an altitude based gear warning. It was included in an update, I believe, at the beginning of last year.

It is based on your AGL - about 200m / 660 ft. It knows where you are and it knows the ground level where you took off. If A = B, you get the warning.

It also has a gear warning at altitude to make sure you are "gear up". I can't remember what the logic is behind that. Circling I think.

Anyway, a very useful reminder in the pattern.

Lou
  #3  
Old March 31st 20, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 141
Default Oudie gear warning?

Thanks, I will see if I notice anything.
  #4  
Old March 31st 20, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Oudie gear warning?

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 12:57:38 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
You are welcome!

I am one of many who exhorted Naviter to add an altitude based gear warning. It was included in an update, I believe, at the beginning of last year.

It is based on your AGL - about 200m / 660 ft. It knows where you are and it knows the ground level where you took off. If A = B, you get the warning.

It also has a gear warning at altitude to make sure you are "gear up". I can't remember what the logic is behind that. Circling I think.

Anyway, a very useful reminder in the pattern.

Lou



Is this function added to an IGC with an update?
Scott
  #5  
Old March 31st 20, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Oudie gear warning?

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 2:27:02 PM UTC-5, Scott Williams wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 12:57:38 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
You are welcome!

I am one of many who exhorted Naviter to add an altitude based gear warning. It was included in an update, I believe, at the beginning of last year.

It is based on your AGL - about 200m / 660 ft. It knows where you are and it knows the ground level where you took off. If A = B, you get the warning.

It also has a gear warning at altitude to make sure you are "gear up". I can't remember what the logic is behind that. Circling I think.

Anyway, a very useful reminder in the pattern.

Lou



Is this function added to an IGC with an update?
Scott


Got it, If only I would read the posts in order,
Thanks for the heads up!!
Scott
  #6  
Old April 1st 20, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Cavagnaro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Oudie gear warning?

Where in the settings screens is the gear warning? I don’t have a page that says Profile.

DC
  #7  
Old April 1st 20, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Oudie gear warning?

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:32:36 AM UTC-5, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
Where in the settings screens is the gear warning? I don’t have a page that says Profile.

DC


turn on, see you mobile, menu button, settings, next, next, next, misc,
Middle of screen, "before landing... check landing gear

Oudie IGC version 9.17.00 on mine,
Good luck
Scott
  #8  
Old April 1st 20, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Cavagnaro
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Oudie gear warning?

Does this work with a Oudie 2?

DC
  #9  
Old April 1st 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc V
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Oudie gear warning?

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:06:04 PM UTC-4, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
Does this work with a Oudie 2?

DC


Yes, the post above by Scott is exactly what you do to turn that feature on for the Oudie 2... I have it set on mine and it works great, but regarding the post above from Lou, mine does not give a "gear up" notification and I don't see anywhere to enable that feature, if someone has more info on that, please post ... Thanks, Marc
  #10  
Old April 1st 20, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 65
Default Oudie gear warning?

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 12:06:04 PM UTC-5, Dennis Cavagnaro wrote:
Does this work with a Oudie 2?

DC


I have a newer oudie IGC, and the second original oudie made. Serial #2 and the landing gear check is on both after an update.
Scott
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cessna 172 gear warning Paul Kassel Owning 0 March 27th 17 04:29 PM
Gear Warning Gadget Guy Soaring 118 November 30th 05 10:43 PM
Gear Warning Gordon Schubert Soaring 11 November 22nd 05 03:27 AM
Gear Warning Gordon Schubert Soaring 0 November 18th 05 08:22 PM
gear warning plus K.P. Termaat Soaring 0 September 8th 03 08:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.