Help with Solo 2350

Old May 2nd 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Help with Solo 2350

Hi,

Anybody can recommend a person who knows Solo engines or at least who
is experienced with 2 stroke engines ? Preferably in Southern
California or close by. I need help to diagnose a problem with my Solo
2350 engine.

Thanks,

Limus

Old May 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

At 05:48 02 May 2006, Limus wrote:
Hi,

Anybody can recommend a person who knows Solo engines
or at least who
is experienced with 2 stroke engines ? Preferably in
Southern
California or close by. I need help to diagnose a problem
with my Solo
2350 engine.

Thanks,

Limus

You will find many solo 2350 owners on these 2 boards
-
http://tinyurl.com/oftm2
http://tinyurl.com/8h4dn
The first required you to be a DG owner but the second
is open to anyone.

I also have a one in my DG808B. What is the problem?

Mesa, Az

Old May 3rd 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Gary, I signed up for ASA group.

The problem my Solo is having is a puzzle. It was working perfectly
fine until I received new propeller from the factory (I think somebody
found a crack on the older model of the propeller). After I put new
prop on I am only able to get ~2300 rpms out of it, comparing to ~5300
rpms before. I had to slam shaft really hard in order to get old
prop/magneto off, but other then that nothing else changed. New prop is
same pitch/diameter, designed for the same engine, plus there are other
people who did the same replacement and had no problems. I put in new
spark plugs and checked gaps, checked fuel supply, checked gaps between
ignition coils and magneto, checked ignition wires. I couldn't manage
to see any spark from any of the spark plugs while turning prop on the
ground, but I did try running with one or another spark plug connected
at a time, engine started in both cases and got up to the same 2300
rpms.

The glider is Lak-17AT.

Limus

Gary Evans wrote:
You will find many solo 2350 owners on these 2 boards
-
http://tinyurl.com/oftm2
http://tinyurl.com/8h4dn
The first required you to be a DG owner but the second
is open to anyone.

I also have a one in my DG808B. What is the problem?

Mesa, Az

como ganar dinero facil y rapido [email protected] Piloting 0 September 17th 05 11:32 PM
Frst Solo, Non-stop Round the World Airplane Flight Larry Dighera Piloting 7 March 4th 05 04:51 PM
1.4 solo.. Beav Rotorcraft 0 November 5th 04 01:27 AM
Solo 2350 Engine Overhaul Manual - Translation Requested Bob Gibbons Soaring 2 January 10th 04 09:45 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 General Aviation 7 January 10th 04 12:35 AM