SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

Old April 23rd 21, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cindy Brickner

Default SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

SSA Regional Webinar
Black Forest Soaring Society
Cross-Country Ground School Series
April 23, Friday 7 pm Mountain Daylight Time

Flight Tracking Software
Satellite based (SPOT, InReach), Smart Phone based (Glide Track), FLARM based. Session 7 in 2021 series. Presenter: Dave Rolley

Registration Link : https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...7?source=r.a.s.

If you register with the email address that also corresponds to your FAA WINGS safety program account, this qualifies for WINGS credit.
The webinar software is available to other SSA Chapters or Business Members who would like a stable presentation program, free of charge. Contact Alexa Owens for information.

Old April 23rd 21, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

These training webinars are great. Are the prior 6 sessions of the Black Forest training webinars available somewhere on the SSA web site? Were they recorded as done in the past with other webinars and put on our web site for those that missed the original broadcasts?

I had been able in the past on the old SSA site to find a simple list of all available previously broadcast webinars but unable to find that list on the new site. I quick look-see all I find is a calendar at https://www.ssa.org/events/category/webinars/month/ that shows only future items (actually only one item at this time it seems). Its probably somewhere but I need a hint.

Thanks, John
Old April 23rd 21, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

A bit of a heads up for all you Garmin InReach users.
My flying partner UQ and I have both experienced the " sudden lack of map displayed" to contacts sent to phenomenon . The sent map info is blank.
And a couple of other random setting changes that the InReach seems to do to us.
Might be best before you head out into the wild blue is test your InReach as you would normally use it flying, maybe turn it on, select a few contacts to send to, like your own SMS and email address and drive to the store and back and see if its working correctly.
Might be worth a few minutes to hook it up to your laptop and dig into it and see where its at.
Fly safe in 2021
Nick
Old April 23rd 21, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 4/23/21 9:25 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
These training webinars are great. Are the prior 6 sessions of the Black Forest training webinars available somewhere on the SSA web site? Were they recorded as done in the past with other webinars and put on our web site for those that missed the original broadcasts?

I had been able in the past on the old SSA site to find a simple list of all available previously broadcast webinars but unable to find that list on the new site. I quick look-see all I find is a calendar at https://www.ssa.org/events/category/webinars/month/ that shows only future items (actually only one item at this time it seems). Its probably somewhere but I need a hint.

Thanks, John

Got to members.ssa.org, use old login

My Home Page/News/Webinars

Last one added was the Chicago glider club meeting.
Old April 23rd 21, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 1:27:10 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

Got to members.ssa.org, use old login

My Home Page/News/Webinars

Last one added was the Chicago glider club meeting.

Kinsell - Thanks for the pointer.

A slight correction to your mentioning the last webinar listed on the SSA page. This was the seminar hosted by the Chicagoland Glider Council and their all day Seminar back in mid-February. The Council is an umbrella organization whose member clubs are Windy City Soaring Association, Sky Soaring Glider Club, and the mentioned Chicago Glider Club.

Thanks, John (OHM)
Old April 26th 21, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 4/23/21 12:43 PM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 1:27:10 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

Got to members.ssa.org, use old login

My Home Page/News/Webinars

Last one added was the Chicago glider club meeting.

Kinsell - Thanks for the pointer.

A slight correction to your mentioning the last webinar listed on the SSA page. This was the seminar hosted by the Chicagoland Glider Council and their all day Seminar back in mid-February. The Council is an umbrella organization whose member clubs are Windy City Soaring Association, Sky Soaring Glider Club, and the mentioned Chicago Glider Club.

Thanks, John (OHM)

Irregardless of the exact terminology, that seminar is shown on the
website, but it's not an active link. I assume it was recorded and
eventually will be made available, when the webmaster gods find some
spare time?
Old April 27th 21, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 2:22:19 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
[...]

Here is a tip. Just find the registration link for that exact webinar and register for it again even though it has already happened. Once you register for it you will be brought to a page with a video player where you can watch recording. No need to wait for it to go up on SSA site.
Old April 27th 21, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 4/26/21 10:27 PM, soaringjac wrote:
[...]

That works for seminars in the WINGS program, but this one just takes
you to a page saying seminar has ended, contact Cindy with questions.
Old April 27th 21, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Strange. It worked for me just now. Try this link https://register.gotowebinar.com/rec...=ssa%40ssa.com
Old April 27th 21, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 4/26/21 10:53 PM, soaringjac wrote:
[...]

That was a Black Forest webinar, offered through the WINGS program. I
was looking for the day-long Chicago Glider Council presentation.