agent newsreader

Old May 9th 21, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

Default agent newsreader

Old May 9th 21, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 09 May 2021 16:45:50 -0500, JC wrote:

... and a link to something thats apparently an ANTIVIRUS package will
help with reading NNTP news... HOW exactly?

Pull the other one, mate ... IT'S GOT BLOODY BELLS ON IT.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old May 10th 21, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 5:28:35 PM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 16:45:50 -0500, JC wrote:

.. and a link to something thats apparently an ANTIVIRUS package will
help with reading NNTP news... HOW exactly?

Pull the other one, mate ... IT'S GOT BLOODY BELLS ON IT.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Martin - It appears that "JC" may have inadvertently sent a blank RAS article
(via email? newsreader?) and his client added the Avast notice in his signature.

Maybe it happened when he first used the Agent Newsreader client
(https://www.forteinc.com/agent/).

Seems a harmless error.

John (OHM)

Old May 10th 21, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Mon, 10 May 2021 08:25:25 -0700, John DeRosa OHM Ω
http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 5:28:35 PM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 16:45:50 -0500, JC wrote:

.. and a link to something thats apparently an ANTIVIRUS package will
help with reading NNTP news... HOW exactly?

Pull the other one, mate ... IT'S GOT BLOODY BELLS ON IT.

--
Martin | martin at Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Martin - It appears that "JC" may have inadvertently sent a blank RAS
article
(via email? newsreader?) and his client added the Avast notice in his
signature.

Maybe it happened when he first used the Agent Newsreader client
(https://www.forteinc.com/agent/).

Seems a harmless error.

Maybe, but its odd: 'JC' has been around long enough (since 1994) to not
make 'em - and he's an audiophile/electronics guy, so double odd that
he'd subscribe to r.a.s let alone post anything to it.

Or, maybe I'm just narked by some RaspberryPi bloke who clearly knows
very little about newsgroups or NNTP, and doesn't seem to want to learn
about them, but nonetheless thinks it would be cool to crosslink Fidonet
(remember that?) so it can post to and read from newsgroups rather than
simply installing a newsreader.

Oh, well at least the next two days look vaguely soarable.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old May 11th 21, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

On 5/10/2021 12:33 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
[...]

I do not know who you are referring to as JC a "audiophile/electronics
guy" because I am not. I am a soaring guy. (John DeRosa knows me, he
took a few flight lessons from me) I was attempting to send myself an
emailabout agent newsreader and mistakenly posted to the group by
mistake. Why make a deal out of a simple mistake. Have you never made
an error.

Old May 11th 21, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Have you never made an error.

Yes. I have made numerous errors. Replying to this is one of them.

Lighten up. We're not judging you. Just laughing.
Old May 11th 21, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Mon, 10 May 2021 19:32:03 -0500, JC wrote:

Have you never made an error.

Plenty. However I suspect I'm in good company this time, since the
joes.com website makes a good imitation of being one man's website and
that man being more of an audiophile and electronics guy than anything
else.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

[OT - mildly] Ping CWO4 Dave Mann and whomever - Pan Newsreader Square Wheels[_5_] Aviation Photos 1 March 10th 08 02:37 PM
Checking broken newsreader, please ignore. Casey Piloting 2 August 29th 06 04:22 AM
Fiberglass release agent? [email protected] Home Built 14 July 9th 04 10:26 PM
NewReader Agent Forte Bill Soaring 1 February 18th 04 09:33 PM
Test..sorry, please ignore, just trying a new isp, news server, and newsreader. Doug Sowder Aerobatics 0 November 9th 03 07:04 PM